What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
I haven't watched a single game of NSW Cup this year, but how is that Grant and Riki going?
Grant's stood out to me as being good in particular. Riki less so from watching like two games but we've only lost one match and we are coming first. He's certainly not doing a bad job.

Grant's equal first for offloads in the comp if that matters to you.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Cherry picked fact if your pack had Fifita, Payne Haas, and TPJ and Jaydn Su’a off the bench where do you finish. Brisbane did in 19 and 20 and finished last. Brisbane didn’t make the semis until 23 when all bar Haas had left. Other than scaring the crap out of Christian Welch what did TPJ do for us.

He’ll no. A lazy winger with poor defence would not be a good fit for our team
I agree.

Hypothetically, it would be quite hilarious though if he did come back into our squad and won a premiership. The look of disdain and disgust on Parra supporters alone (no offence @hindy111) would be worth it.

Just picture him scoring the winning GF try for us and the whole stadium yelling out “SIVO!!”

WestyLife

First Grade
I agree.

Hypothetically, it would be quite hilarious though if he did come back into our squad and won a premiership. The look of disdain and disgust on Parra supporters alone (no offence @hindy111) would be worth it.

Just picture him scoring the winning GF try for us and the whole stadium yelling out “SIVO!!”

Tigers fans with Garner. It's funny seeing them ask for him back the more he plays here.

Kilkenny

Coach
Luke Garner has certainly done well from the time he got a late call up at the business end last year.

Not quite sure what he could be expecting to earn from his next deal, but given his age it’s not unreasonable that he needs it to be a decent one, as it could be his last, or at the very least one of make the most off.

Munky

Coach
Garner's problem is that he's twenty eight and has a seventy five game body of work pre joining Penrith that was quite ordinary.

I'm not sure any club is going to offer more than two years on average coin for him.

Kilkenny

Coach
Garner's problem is that he's twenty eight and has a seventy five game body of work pre joining Penrith that was quite ordinary.

I'm not sure any club is going to offer more than two years on average coin for him.
You’re probably right, hopefully from his perspective he gets a decent deal. He seems a decent bloke and good team man. Be interesting to see who picks him up, assuming he doesn’t stay with us.

Iamback

Coach

Word is before Broncos made their mid season swap with Cows.

Garner was being shopped around for $300k and wasn't getting bites.

QLD version of News Limited are pretty spot on with stuff like this.

I think we keep him AS a fall back if we don't sign anyone

Iamback

Coach
You’re probably right, hopefully from his perspective he gets a decent deal. He seems a decent bloke and good team man. Be interesting to see who picks him up, assuming he doesn’t stay with us.

Not sure he starts in many top teams, So for me what do you pay bench/fringe guys... that is his value

Kilkenny

Coach
Not sure he starts in many top teams, So for me what do you pay bench/fringe guys... that is his value
Is a $1m three year deal, not unreasonable, given he has a bit of utility value being able to fill in at centre.

I saw a rumour on another forum suggesting Andrew Webster might be keen on him. No money was mentioned just the fact he could be a good fit at the Warriors.