What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Always a silver lining but on the field he never got back to the form that saw him make the NSW squad

I think Tyrone saw a lot more than 'a silver lining', because he added 'how can you regret something that's sets up you're little family for life'.

and later saying, the most money he'd ever seen in his life.

I'd call it more like a rainbow. Especially now that he holds a premiership ring too.

Whino

Bench
Rumours Emre Guler wants a release on compassionate grounds to return to Sydney.
Thoughts? Assuming Huth doesn't go around again?

Solid bench prop.
IF Huth doesn't go around again, and Luron gets eased in. Guler probably fills that 6-12 games a year role we need from someone.
Depends on the clubs plans for Dias, Grant and Riki next year.

Dias, Grant and Riki ( Injury Prone ) are at best NSW Cup level.

Guler from the Raiders is NRL level, and at 26 Years of age.

Would be a decent signing and provide great front row competition.
He is from Mascot, I wonder if forward Sitili Tupouniua leaves the Rooster he will end up at the Roosters

Riki and Grant don't offer competition at all here.

Kilkenny

Coach
He is from Mascot, I wonder if forward Sitili Tupouniua leaves the Rooster he will end up at the Roosters

Riki and Grant don't offer competition at all here.
Riki and Grant are legitimate back ups if something untoward happens to our two starting front rowers. Riki picked up a knee injury on the weekend, haven’t seen any updates on the severity although he didn’t look good coming off.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Tyrone saw a lot more than 'a silver lining', because he added 'how can you regret something that's sets up you're little family for life'.

and later saying, the most money he'd ever seen in his life.

I'd call it more like a rainbow. Especially now that he holds a premiership ring too.
Peachy was a terrific player in his first stint with us.

100 odd games and 40 or so tries.

He won us games, and I don’t recall too many defensive or handling lapses. Just a terrific player.

hindy111

Post Whore
Fans are fickle, recency bias, actually just bias generally.

Webster is a good coach, as is Ciraldo, and the bias against certain players can reach silly proportions as we’ve seen in respect to Tyrone Peachy.

Peach was awesome for about 3yrs. A weapon.
He's done as an NRL level player now. Happens to everyone. They get old.

Sometimes a bit of luck changes your season. Next year the Dogs may cop 2 or 3 crucial injuries and ruin their season.
Momentum is a funny thing.

Kilkenny

Coach

Sometimes a bit of luck changes your season. Next year the Dogs may cop 2 or 3 crucial injuries and ruin their season.
Funnily enough however unlikely he may yet be needed this year, who knows what injuries could occur. I don’t like to think about injuries, but we don’t have too many centre options if Tago or Alomoti sustain significant injuries in the run up to the semis.

Kilkenny

Coach

Momentum is everything.

I kind off enjoyed the banter on your forum around the merits of Brad Arthur. Got to love Poupou.

it’s sad when any coach loses there job from my viewpoint, there are so many other factors at play.

hindy111

Post Whore
Momentum is everything.

I kind off enjoyed the banter on your forum around the merits of Brad Arthur. Got to love Poupou.

it’s sad when any coach loses there job from my viewpoint, there are so many other factors at play.

BA was at the club for his 11th year. He had to go. Nice guy but tactically average. Sometimes players and teams need a change just to freshen things up. A new coach is a gamble. And yes a lot of factors.

Pou is a nice guy but has the idea he knows more about footy then everyone else and wants to educate us all.

I personally beleive you need lots of juniors in your side who come through together. Not buying guys of equal talent. Reasons is It builds a team. And a good team will beat a great side.

BA was at the club for his 11th year. He had to go. Nice guy but tactically average. Sometimes players and teams need a change just to freshen things up. A new coach is a gamble. And yes a lot of factors.

Pou is a nice guy but has the idea he knows more about footy then everyone else and wants to educate us all.

I personally beleive you need lots of juniors in your side who come through together. Not buying guys of equal talent. Reasons is It builds a team. And a good team will beat a great side.
Hindy, if Ivan was coach in those 12 years, do you think Parramatta would have had a Premiership?