What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
In the lead up to the 2021 first round of the finals Bennet played Ivan and the refs brilliantly through the media.

Absolute master class in winning the battle before it's fought.

We had the superior side (albeit busted) but Bennett found a way to nullify key parts of Pantherball.

Ivan to his credit was prepared for the GF.

Fangs

Coach
No issue with a long deal now.

I don't really see the downside. We've made 4 straight grand finals with the Cleary's at the helm. I'll back them to reach at least one more in the next five years (At a minimum).

age.s

First Grade
@age.s there's no rush, be cautious look at Cowboys Tamolalo, Turbo is a waste of cap. Nathan is the GOAT, but having $1 mill right up another 5 extra years could be a real issue.
Dude. It's Nathan Cleary. Completely different story to a heavyset forward. If today didn't highlight why an elite halfback is important to your team I don't know what will.

I was mainly laughing at your insistence that Nath is going to UK to hang out with his girlfriend instead of cementing his legacy as the GOAT.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Dude. It's Nathan Cleary. Completely different story to a heavyset forward. If today didn't highlight why an elite halfback is important to your team I don't know what will.

I was mainly laughing at your insistence that Nath is going to UK to hang out with his girlfriend instead of cementing his legacy as the GOAT.
Mary should come home and have babies imo.......

I just don't want us to have $1mill lock up in physio treatment.
Turbo, Mitchell are top examples. If he is fit and stay fit than give him a couple more years I guess.

Last edited:

Sime_11

Juniors
Extend Nathan is a no brainer - tonight showed we have nothing when Cleary & Luai arent playing

Laurie, Schneider, Cole, Toelau - none of those guys are warranting high salaries for a halve - it would be disrespectful to Nathan to not offer 7 figures - Nathan is one of those non-negotiables (Yeo & Edward the same) who should be 1 club players - paramount to the club's leadership, culture on & off the field

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
No issue with a long deal now.

I don't really see the downside. We've made 4 straight grand finals with the Cleary's at the helm. I'll back them to reach at least one more in the next five years (At a minimum).

Some of the comments about Ivan and Nathan having too much power are almost laughable.

Especially with North Sydney sniffing around like leeches. Get it done.

Fangs

Coach
Some of the comments about Ivan and Nathan having too much power are almost laughable.

Especially with North Sydney sniffing around like leeches. Get it done.

It's fair enough to point out but look at the success we have had.

We are just spoiled these days. 4 straight grand finals. 5 years ago we were all praying we could just get to a prelim.

Fangs

Coach
Something else to consider is the future 18th team (And judging by reports 20 teams).

The market right now is stuffed. We don't have that amount of talent to spread across 18 to 20 teams. Halfbacks in particular are already in short supply and it's only going to get worse. RU players are starting to fill out squads now.

You've got to wrap these guys up long term.

Original Name

Juniors
For all the time he has been injured Nathan has managed to get onto the park every time when it really mattered for the club and that's in finals. The club's good enough to hang around top 4 for parts of the year without him at least for the moment. He's played every finals game since his career started.

Latest posts