What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Sadly most of what you've said on this platform in the last 24 hours.

The comments about Penrith winning by 30 was the starting point.

The angel on the Christmas tree for me was when you stated (I suppose with a straight face) that if Penrith sign up Ivan and Nathan for life, they will have too much power.
You've missed the entire point of my comments on the Clearys. We HAVE to sign them, it's a no brainer and they have ALL the chips in this negotiation. If they ask for too much $$$ we can basically do nothing but agree. They are the CLUB at this point.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Nathan Cleary just won a title literally by himself in last year's GF...that in itself earns more years as no other player bar Johns has done that, Johns did it in only one gf...Nathan carries this team always has and hopefully he stays till he retires.
I'd vomit if he ever left to play elsewhere.

age.s

First Grade
You've missed the entire point of my comments on the Clearys. We HAVE to sign them, it's a no brainer and they have ALL the chips in this negotiation. If they ask for too much $$$ we can basically do nothing but agree. They are the CLUB at this point.
Yeah, but there's nothing sinister about it. We have no realistic option because not finding a way to keep the best player in the game and an ATG coach who are the backbone of a level of success the league is designed to structurally suppress would be pure madness.

I doubt they'll ask for an unreasonable amount of money too, at least, not on Nathan's end. They know what it takes to win in this league and I don't think they want it to end any more than we do.

The Realist

Juniors
For all the time he has been injured Nathan has managed to get onto the park every time when it really mattered for the club and that's in finals. The club's good enough to hang around top 4 for parts of the year without him at least for the moment. He's played every finals game since his career started.

That's going to change with no Luai. When Nathan is injured or playing Rep footy we will have 2 rookie/nobody halves. As we saw last night - it's not pretty particularly when the supporting cast isn't as good as previous years.

Original Name

Juniors
That's going to change with no Luai. When Nathan is injured or playing Rep footy we will have 2 rookie/nobody halves. As we saw last night - it's not pretty particularly when the supporting cast isn't as good as previous years.
Ehh we lost all our Origin games the first year we had 5 or 6 Origin players out and the next we won those games with pretty much the same players. Cole in particular has a good foundation to his game, he can build the rest around it. Mitch Kenny used to be awful as a hooker. I wouldn't write off people so quickly.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Ehh we lost all our Origin games the first year we had 5 or 6 Origin players out and the next we won those games with pretty much the same players. Cole in particular has a good foundation to his game, he can build the rest around it. Mitch Kenny used to be awful as a hooker. I wouldn't write off people so quickly.

Well said.

the sky isn't falling.

Latest posts