What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Frankus

Juniors
Doesn't mean Ivan will trust him.

I'd suggest how he's used tonight will go a long way to explaining how Ivan sees him. He could potentially come on to replace Cole fairly early in the match but there'll be none of that when Nath/Luai are back in the saddle.
How can he trust him if he doesn't give him an opportunity to prove himself there? Otherwise agree with you.

Girds89

Bench
Maybe if his headgear weighs 5kg. Otherwise no chance he is heavier more than Laurie.

Theres deadset nothing of laurie mate. Keary is small too. Hes defended there his whole career tho..

Not as easy as well keary can do it daine can.. he will need aome work there in the off season

Girds89

Bench
How can he trust him if he doesn't give him an opportunity to prove himself there? Otherwise agree with you.

Its not just about daine tho.. he has to pick the best 17 that will work together.

I dont really think daine and luai are a good combo but is be happy for it to be given a go. Maybe not tonight against the broncs tho

soc123_au

Staff member
Anyone here still think the club handled this poorly?
Apart from signing him earlier this year to start with they seem to have done it pretty well. No club is going to perfect management wise, but we do pretty well for the most part. Fletcher comes across as a mong whenever he speaks to the media, but he's obviously a very good operator.

snickers007

Juniors
It's reads like he's walking without compensation. I'd say he was on 500Kish

Being reported that he walked away after reaching a confidential agreement.

Will be interesting to see how this impacts our salary cap going forward. You would hope that the Panthers have been in discussion with the NRL prior to making any decisions.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Apart from signing him earlier this year to start with they seem to have done it pretty well. No club is going to perfect management wise, but we do pretty well for the most part. Fletcher comes across as a mong whenever he speaks to the media, but he's obviously a very good operator.
We'll see from this point how good he is. Systems and pathways have been put in place but we also got VERY lucky with the group of juniors that came through at the same time.
I also believe players like Critter and Burton shouldn't have ever been let go. They both shit on May and Tago but we pulled the trigger and backed the wrong 2 players in this instance 100%

It's on Ivan and his weird love for the family. We won't know the real impact on team moral for a while. I think it's obviously effecting at least Tago
As an aging ex Foster Carer its not unusual to experience Families in the neighborhood taking other kids under their wing , if they feel there are circumstances within his/her home they need to get away from.

Not saying Ivan did this , but he might have seen the players potential and gave his maturity and guidance for the May trio.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Wonder if they waited till after 30 June for some reason. Don’t think Easts would want him to much downside why take a chance when you can usually sign anybody who comes on market. Lomax would look good in tri colour.

BxTom

Bench
Wonder if they waited till after 30 June for some reason. Don’t think Easts would want him to much downside why take a chance when you can usually sign anybody who comes on market. Lomax would look good in tri colour.
IF he (Taylan) is found guilty of DV as alleged, no NRL club will touch him.