What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

WestyLife

First Grade
The money angle journos were speculating doesn’t add up either. Dragons had Lonax on $800k. He lost money going to Eels and Bizza is on about the same as him.

What winger in the game is on more than either of them? Bizza is arguably the highest paid winger in the game already. He’s not going to get substantially more anywhere else.

Its no secret to him that Romey, Critter etc. left for more money. Or that Cleary is on $1m+. He knew this long ago. He isn’t stupid.

What exactly could he have learned in Origin that changes his mind? Lomax going to tell him he can leave and take a pay cut to join a cellar dwellar club? Dragons were happy to get Lonax off that insane $800k deal and a desperate Eels only offered him $650k a season to play centre.

It's impossible that it could be about money. The position of winger just isn't worth as much for good reason and like you said he's already on a decent amount.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
I honestly don't believe anything anyone had to say no matter how close they appear to be with the club. I've seen on this thread many times that we were going to keep possibly all of Luai Critter Spencer and Kikua and guess what all have left.

I remember typing that I could see all of them leaving and I'm pretty sure this is another one of those "rumours" that ended up being true as majority of them have been right this season and last season alone.

maple_69

Bench
Except Brian has a long term contract and is home. Fish is the only core guy that has sought a release and it was to go and captain his home club.

I don’t buy the moving for mates thing. He can play with his mates at Origin and internationals and live nearby. Only reason I can see him wanting to leave is to test himself or take on more of a leadership role like Critta but it doesn’t really seem like him.

Nutz

Bench
Except Brian has a long term contract and is home. Fish is the only core guy that has sought a release and it was to go and captain his home club.

I don’t buy the moving for mates thing. He can play with his mates at Origin and internationals and live nearby. Only reason I can see him wanting to leave is to test himself or take on more of a leadership role like Critta but it doesn’t really seem like him.
Why don't you pay him what he's worth ya tight arises:)

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Would this fall into the anti tampering laws that W/T CEO was banging on about only a couple of weeks ago.

The poor bloke has the memory of a goldfish.

mxlegend99

Referee
I honestly don't believe anything anyone had to say no matter how close they appear to be with the club. I've seen on this thread many times that we were going to keep possibly all of Luai Critter Spencer and Kikua and guess what all have left.

I remember typing that I could see all of them leaving and I'm pretty sure this is another one of those "rumours" that ended up being true as majority of them have been right this season and last season alone.
Those players were all off contract and we knew the club was battling to keep them.

Bizza is contracted. He is on a very good contract for a winger. Theres conflicting rumours stating the club is shopping him around, and others that he wants to join Bizza. Media are speculating he feels underpaid after the Origin camp. But its all bullshit trying to add credibility to a rumour based on nothing.

The media are all speculating because the rumour is circulating on social media. They’re adding fuel to the flames but theres no actual source or information for him wanting out.

Unless he would lie to his family and friends about wanting out. There’s nothing to worry about… and I just don't see Bizza doing that. He loves the club and has turned down bigger offers in the past to stay. Warriors had huge money offers. He chose less to stay. He is now among the highest paid wingers in the game. No club is going to pay substantially more than he is on now to leave. Tigers arent going to pay a winger $800k+. They have already paid overs to Romey and Turuva. Theyve paid over to their bunch of dud halves too. They couldn’t afford to wreck their cap on backs and halves when their forwards are where the money needs to go. Bizza would make the packs job easier. But the media and their fans are just dreaming in thinking they can make it work

Panther Mike

Juniors
Nothing more annoying than rumours about even more of our players leaving. I think they are purposefully spread in part to try and distract us from our charge for the 4 peat! Also being a Tigers fan must be a miserable experience so the rumour mill of possible signings is one of the few scraps of hope for them..

To’o is under contract til 2027 and I can’t see how we could let another just walk out mid contract for compassionate reasons or some bs like that.