What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

we had Romey Critta, Spencer, Tago, Mitch & prob more to extend when Dogs were going after Critta hard early 2023. Looks shocking now unfortunately.

same with Fish wanting a release this year - had that occurred earlier - we keep Romey 100%

clubs hand has been forced alot this decade - price of success etc

the fact we will look back on this time and look at the players we let go - its another top 4 team in the current era
I’m not sure even with Fish’s money we come anywhere near bridging the reported gap between us and Tigers. Overpaying for people is what gets you into trouble.

John Hamblin

Juniors

BxTom

Bench
Perhaps To'o (or his manager) has been approached (illegally) by the club that has started the destabilising rumour and the meeting to confirm details about that?

Bred not Bought

Juniors
I haven't heard anything on To'o. But Weidler is well known to be fed by player agents. Could be a money angle by Ayoub?
As an outsider looking in. I do think someone. To'o, or Penrith didn't know what was going on initially. You don't usually call a player and manager in over a bullshit net rumour.

Plausible To'o wants more money. Managers usually are the big leakers to the media when they want something.
What comes out of today's meeting will be interesting.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Chammas also said that the way the club handled crittas exist didn’t sit right with a few of the players

Chammas is reaching there.

Crichton signed elsewhere over 16 months ago. And left the club with another premiership. It hasn't affected the players this year either. I think everyone has moved on by now.

Controversial opinion, but if the Tiggers are willing to pay Bizza 200-250k more than us, we shouldn’t stand in his way.

Rugby League careers are too short…

There is also an element that I don’t think his body will hold up long term, so if he can get a long-term deal good on him.

soc123_au

Staff member
Years ago our Player went into Origin and other players from other clubs were talking about how much they earned and he found he wasn't earning as much as they were, he was pissed and requested more from the club. Forget who the player was Moylan, Gower, Jennings? But the story is similar with To'o
Something like that came up with Moylan from memory.

Doesnt make a lot of sense with To'o though. It's not like it's his first Origin camp. He is one of the senior guys now.

soc123_au

Staff member
Just listed to a podcast where Danny and Chammy were speculation on the whole To'o situation and these Wally's came up with the theory that To'o loved hanging out with his crew at origin, misses them and wants to play with them. If this is true, which I highly doubt, To'o needs to be a big boy and grew a set.

I think it's just dumb journos making shit up.
This doesn't make sense either, whats he going to do, a few days at the Tigers, then Chooks and play on the weekend for the Dogs?

snickers007

Juniors
Just listed to a podcast where Danny and Chammy were speculation on the whole To'o situation and these Wally's came up with the theory that To'o loved hanging out with his crew at origin, misses them and wants to play with them. If this is true, which I highly doubt, To'o needs to be a big boy and grew a set.

I think it's just dumb journos making shit up.

He can't play with all his mates though, they're all at different clubs!

Simple solution IF there is any truth to this.

Tell him he can have his release on the following conditions:
1. He can't sign with the Tigers, Bulldogs or Roosters
2. His new deal has to be worth at least an extra $250k above what he's on now to cover the bonus payments he's getting at Penrith for Origin, Premierships, Tests etc plus his whatever else he thinks he's worth

Damn sure no one is paying him $900k, and he won't be interested in going to a club without one of his boys.

Munky

Coach
Controversial opinion, but if the Tiggers are willing to pay Bizza 200-250k more than us, we shouldn’t stand in his way.

Rugby League careers are too short…

There is also an element that I don’t think his body will hold up long term, so if he can get a long-term deal good on him.

I'd cop it from 2026.

Given that all the free agents for 2025 are now mostly signed it gives a good window to evaluate the next winger.

I can't say replacement since To'o is near irreplaceable.

Latest posts