What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

He can't play with all his mates though, they're all at different clubs!

Simple solution IF there is any truth to this.

Tell him he can have his release on the following conditions:
1. He can't sign with the Tigers, Bulldogs or Roosters
2. His new deal has to be worth at least an extra $250k above what he's on now to cover the bonus payments he's getting at Penrith for Origin, Premierships, Tests etc plus his whatever else he thinks he's worth

Damn sure no one is paying him $900k, and he won't be interested in going to a club without one of his boys.
Why would we do 1.; surely that is just spite.

mid actually want him to go to the Tigers; I don’t want him going to the Roosters or Dogs.

betcats

Referee
Oh it's one of those ew.

Having read a few more details he turned up but went home with an illness. Anyway doesnt look good.

He has had all year knowing his mates wont be there. A fair bit of time since the first origin camp. Why the f**k is the becoming such an issue with him now.

WestyLife

First Grade
Having read a few more details he turned up but went home with an illness. Anyway doesnt look good.

He has had all year knowing his mates wont be there. A fair bit of time since the first origin camp. Why the f**k is the becoming such an issue with him now.

It's all very strange and doesn't make much sense

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Controversial opinion, but if the Tiggers are willing to pay Bizza 200-250k more than us, we shouldn’t stand in his way.

Rugby League careers are too short…

There is also an element that I don’t think his body will hold up long term, so if he can get a long-term deal good on him.

No.
He re-signed with us at the end of 2022. If him or his greedy manager didn't take everything into account then. It is not our fault.
He was seen with Gould at a cafe weeks before he extended. I am sure he knew his worth back then.

IF he wants more money. Do what Gould use to do. A little upgrade with an extra year added.

Iamback

Coach
Controversial opinion, but if the Tiggers are willing to pay Bizza 200-250k more than us, we shouldn’t stand in his way.

Rugby League careers are too short…

There is also an element that I don’t think his body will hold up long term, so if he can get a long-term deal good on him.

He signed the deal. The other offers would of still been around, Never release in those situations

hindy111

Post Whore

He is under contract for a further 3 seasons. Why release him?

I wonder if it has something to do with Blaize being signed? Imagine if Bizza is on 550k and heard he has been signed for 450k for example.

Most likely tho is another club has told his manager we will pay you X amount. A significant amount more and this has made him want to take it.
It might even be a strong club like the Roosters. It isn't just about improving their club. It is about weakening the one they need weaker to be able to beat. So paying 250k overs for him is worth more then 500k in a way compared to buying Dom Young off the knights.

betcats

Referee

I wonder if it has something to do with Blaize being signed? Imagine if Bizza is on 550k and heard he has been signed for 450k for example.

Most likely tho is another club has told his manager we will pay you X amount. A significant amount more and this has made him want to take it.
It might even be a strong club like the Roosters. It isn't just about improving their club. It is about weakening the one they need weaker to be able to beat. So paying 250k overs for him is worth more then 500k in a way compared to buying Dom Young off the knights.

Oh i dont want release him. Tell him to deal with it is what i'd be doing.

I had that thought it was connected. I don't believe in coincidences. Yesterday To'o, today Blaize

GowersDallyM

Juniors

Think To'o is on 650k a year... add the origin money he gets which if he goes to the Tigers are plays mid for a year or two he might never play origin again so it's a risk.

He obviously wants to be with Luai and Luai probably wants him to leave.