What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
I
Until we announce it. Im not celebrating it.

Certainly appears to be a done deal. I would be happy with the signing. Though I feel we were pretty well covered at 6.

Daine Laurie and Jack Cole are both decent and i think could partner Cleary well. Schneider Im not sold on. But theres another option at 6 too.

Maybe Blaize ends up in centres though? Or perhaps Cole will?

Cole and Talagi can play centre well. He just gives us another big talent if we get him. Nothing wrong with having more options.

betcats

Referee
We joke about Parra but a guy coming through Penrith’s funnel gives me a stack of confidence that they have the right attitude and work ethic to cut it. A bloke that’s come through Parra does not give me that confidence. Boom running 5/8s come along regularly, they turn into quality halves rarely. If management see the right qualities in him then great, I’m on board, and he’d certainly have the cushiest introduction to the league a 5/8 could ever hope for.

I agree our juniors generally come through with great attitudes but it’s not exclusive to Penrith. Alamoti came out of a dogs environment last year that was not good and he’s doing well.

If he’s coming here he knows our reputation for working hard, he will have some idea of what he’s in for.

Iamback

Coach
anyway after reading everything I can I think the biz situation and it’ll get sorted.

Re Blaize genuinely surprised by the lack on enthusiasm by some here. If we get him him it’s like getting Katoa or Burton at 19. He’s every bit as impressive as those two at the same age.

I want to see the plan for him 1st.

Those 2 came from a good system, How many quality players have Parra developed in 10 years?

mxlegend99

Referee
Not disagreeing with you. Tonight on 360 almost got laughed off the set, with what he said.. Then the biggest backtrack ever.
Atleast he recognised Brian was an extremely well paid winger unlike the panel last night. Everyone was saying he is underpaid… but he is the best paid winger in the game.

Only thing he got right. Though he then says he wants to leave to be with his mates… and then that he could probably be made happy with an upgrade instead. 😂 $50k will fix it. .. but its not about the money

I think he'd want more like 900k to stay. None of the best teams in the comp are going to ever pay a winger 900k a year nor even a centre that much unless it's Manu or Critter. Storm never keep outside backs on monster coin only spine players.

We don’t need to offer him 900k to stay, he’s under contract for three more years.

You give him a little bit more to make him feel appreciated, thats It. If he’s still unhappy he’d only be doing himself a disservice by not playing to his full potential. his next contract will suffer if his form dips.