What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

hindy111

Post Whore
Just on Blaize. Not official. Yet. No position has been promised to him. Very open to the possibilities of a player with his talent.

He wouldn't be cheap and isn't playing fullback. Alamoti,Tago,J.Mclean are centre options. 100% he is signed as a 5/8. Zero doubts.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lessons for Parra, if you have super talented 18 19 year olds don’t debut them until they sign that extension. Playing Talagi while he had an option to be a free agent next year was just putting him in the shopping window for the other clubs.

Would bet my life if c McLean was off contract next year he’d still be in cup or maybe even flegg.

@Poupou Escobar

hindy111

Post Whore
I 100% agree. At sametime I am sure other clubs watch lower grades and his manager would know their talents. He has been rated for long time. The Mclean brothers would of had atleast 6 or 7 other clubs sniffing around.

betcats

Referee
Talagi was offered 525k from Parra. Panthers would of been atleast close.
I highly doubt Pamthers throw that money at him for centre with his defensive flaws along with Tago,Alamoti and J.Mclean there.
I'd say they don't rate J.Cole that highly. And Laurie will either ask for a release or be offered the wing spot

They rate Cole. Everything they've done with him suggest they see him as a first grader but a talent like Talagi doesnt become available all that often. Anyway im not going to guess at what we offered or intend to do with Talagi if he comes but from his perspective its not hard to see the attraction. Besides all the winning we've been doing we have an opening at his preferred position that he has a shot at if he can beat out the other options. At 19 he can afford to sacrifice a bit of money. His dads a coach. He would see that we've been turning players into stars consistently for the last few years. Sacrifice a bit to now to get the best development and walk into a huge contract in a few years, possibly with a ring as a bonus.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yes he is an awesome talent. What position is he? I don't see a fullback. Hasn't the speed and horrible under high ball amd onenin one defense.
Centre or 5/8 but I am leaning to 5/8. Eels have Dylan. As much as it hurts losing him they need a fullback not 5/8.

I'm just glad he has signed with PENRITH and ot the Chooks or Dogs.
D.Laurie should look at the Eels.

betcats

Referee
I 100% agree. At sametime I am sure other clubs watch lower grades and his manager would know their talents. He has been rated for long time. The Mclean brothers would of had atleast 6 or 7 other clubs sniffing around.

No doubt, it doesnt prevent poaching and plenty of clubs would've had Blaize on the rader but im just talking about top tier talents here. Its one thing to think and 18-19 yo could be a great NRL player and its another to see them actually performing at that age at the top level. Clubs who might view as just another very good prospect worth a crack for the right price if he was playing flegg or cup now get to see him as a genuine NRL player with star potential worth taking bigger risk for contract wise.

Take C Mclean. Earlier in the year he was in flegg and looking good no doubt but seemingly a ways off from being an nrl player. A couple months later and he is looking just as good doing it in the nrl. Its like giving confirmation that he is a genuine top tier talent capable of performing against the best, clubs would be willing to throw a lot more money at him now then 4 months ago along with offering starting positions since theyve seen he can do it IMO.

Whino

Bench
Watching Isiah Papalii play recently has me wondering if IC is bored and needs a challenge. Kind of like how Bellamy transforms plodders.

I am not worried about Papali’i. He had promise at the Warriors despite being erratic. He had two excellent years at Parra that gives me hope.
I think he had instant regret in signing with the Tigers. His performances reflect a player who doesn't want to be there.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Mate tago is signed long term on big money.

He hasnt been dropped all year..

Papali and martin are 2md row next year with garner and soro on the bench. Hes not playing cup.

Hes been down on form this year but hes shown what he can do. He gets back to that form which he will and we are laughing.

Not unusual at all for players of his age to go through tough periods.

Edwards
Too
Tago
Casey
Jesse
Blaize
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Henry
Papali
Marto
Yeo

Trent/cole/daine
Garner
Soro
Smith

Alamonti
Geyer
Patea
KEPAOA
Eiso
Sommo
Luke
Schnieder

Its a great looking squad for next year.. Final make up obviously to be decided but thats a great squad..

If we have the coin id love one more mid level prop or edge. Or someone that can fill both roles..

I think thatd be the strongest squad we've had since api and kiks were both here.
As much as I don’t want to lose Romey and Fish, that’s a very solid team. That backline is very exciting.

betcats

Referee
Pretty impressive we are still putting out such a strong squad next year considering in 2025 a team of former panthers would like :

13.Salmon
12.Kikau
11.Capewell
10.Spencer
9. Api
8. Fish
7.Luai
6.Burton
5.Turuva
4.Critta
3.T May(yes i know)
2.Someone
1.Someone

Makings of a top four squad there. And thats not including the juniors that didnt play FG here like Katoa, Ison and some others. Could easily check katoa in the halves and Burto in the centres.

soc123_au

Staff member
Pretty impressive we are still putting out such a strong squad next year considering in 2025 a team of former panthers would like :

13.Salmon
12.Kikau
11.Capewell
10.Spencer
9. Api
8. Fish
7.Luai
6.Burton
5.Turuva
4.Critta
3.T May(yes i know)
2.Someone
1.Someone

Makings of a top four squad there. And thats not including the juniors that didnt play FG here like Katoa, Ison and some others. Could easily check katoa in the halves and Burto in the centres.
17.RCG (Hethrington if we dont want to go that far back)
16.Hopgood
15.Hosking
14.Cogger
13.Salmon
12.Kikau
11.Capewell
10.Spencer
9. Api
8. Fish
7.Luai
6.Burton
5.Jenkins
4.Critta
3.Naden
2.May
1.Turuva

Thats still without dipping into the juniors that didn't play NRL

mxlegend99

Referee

13.Salmon
12.Kikau
11.Capewell
10.Spencer
9. Api
8. Fish
7.Luai
6.Burton
5.Turuva
4.Critta
3.T May(yes i know)
2.Someone
1.Someone

1. Staines
2. May
3. Critter
4. Burton
5. Turuva
6. Luai
7. Cogger
8. Fish
9. Api
10. Leniu
11. Kikau
12. Capewell
13. Hopgood

14. Tyrone May
15. Salmon
16. Hosking
17. O’Sullivan

18. Momirovski

All played first grade for us in our premiership seasons.

betcats

Referee
17.RCG (Hethrington if we dont want to go that far back)
16.Hopgood
15.Hosking
14.Cogger
13.Salmon
12.Kikau
11.Capewell
10.Spencer
9. Api
8. Fish
7.Luai
6.Burton
5.Jenkins
4.Critta
3.Naden
2.May
1.Turuva

Thats still without dipping into the juniors that didn't play NRL

Knew I forgot a few. Id probably start Hopgood. Maybe Staines over Naden?

betcats

Referee
1. Staines
2. May
3. Critter
4. Burton
5. Turuva
6. Luai
7. Cogger
8. Fish
9. Api
10. Leniu
11. Kikau
12. Capewell
13. Hopgood

14. Tyrone May
15. Salmon
16. Hosking
17. O’Sullivan

18. Momirovski

All played first grade for us in our premiership seasons.

Not just a full team, but a full team and some depth players!

Latest posts