What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Sure but we tried to extend him and he wanted to go to market. Fast tracking him to first grade was an act of goodwill, because relationships are a huge advantage. But after we sacked the coach all that went out the window. In any case, Talagi didn’t want to sign an extension from Jersey Flegg, just like Katoa. Some players and their families are only motivated by money, and who can blame them in the current economy.

Katoa was just bad timing for us. Dolphins were building a team from nothing and signing a bunch of young guys and his path to FG was firmly blocked here. He didnt even get close to FG here. He barely played flegg until the end of the season before he left, he might not of been in that team until the flegg finals. Dolphins could offer money and a much easier path to fg. Im not saying its a silver bullet to keeping kids of course some are going to get poached. But fast tracking a super talent who can be off contract that same year doesnt make any sense to me.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Katoa only left for an opportunity as he thought he was blocked long term at Penrith by Cleary and Luai. Not saying money wasn’t good though.
Well the point is that money follows opportunity. A club offering a starting spot in the halves should be able to afford a bigger contract than one offering a spot in the outside backs or reserve grade.

Fangs

Coach
Still remember the night they had the kids team out on the field trying to find his teeth…

And what a night for those kids. They found his teeth and we won the game. The probably got maccas on the way home as well.

I believe it was also the game that Justin Hodges challenged Girds to a fight in the carpark after the match.

Munky

Coach
And what a night for those kids. They found his teeth and we won the game. The probably got maccas on the way home as well.

I believe it was also the game that Justin Hodges challenged Girds to a fight in the carpark after the match.

Weren't his teeth in his mouth guard?

The 2004 rematch against the Roosters at Homebush IIRC.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He used to think Edwards and luai and Kenny were shit too.... that didnt turn on well.. neither will his tago calls..
The club had the same opinion on Dyl as I did. Luai used to run in circles going nowhere but is now fantastic and Kenny is good for us but wouldn't fit any other side.

At least I put my balls on the line with calls

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The club had the same opinion on Dyl as I did. Luai used to run in circles going nowhere but is now fantastic and Kenny is good for us but wouldn't fit any other side.

At least I put my balls on the line with calls

What happens Chins if you don't have balls.......?
Black Woman Influencer GIF by Maui Bigelow

soc123_au

Staff member
Quite a bit less crazy, although he has picked up the pace lately.

Would be worth a look. Looks to me like a very good player who would flourish in the right environment.
Different kind of crazy. Both very controlled by their emotions. Hethro is just more likely to thump someone than soggy up a box of kleenex.

Can play though I will admit. If Ivan wanted to throw him a bone I wouldn't complain about it.

age.s

First Grade
Different kind of crazy. Both very controlled by their emotions. Hethro is just more likely to thump someone than soggy up a box of kleenex.

Can play though I will admit. If Ivan wanted to throw him a bone I wouldn't complain about it.
Now now, what the man does in the privacy of his own computer room is his business.