What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Girds89

Bench
He’s a clear improvement over what the broncos and dragons have. The eels also now that I think about it. Knights abd sharks is a bit less clear but the sharks fans in here hate brailey I know that much. He’s such a good tackle bot our defensive line suffers whenever he’s not there.

Imo he’s more than a tackle bot but even if that’s all he is he does it better than any other hooker, given hookers 60-80m in the middle that’s super valuable.

Some people just don’t give enough credit to defence despite it being half the game and the thing most great teams are built on.

Api with all his attacking talents still hasn’t dragged the tigers off the bottom. Both of qld attacking hookers were outplayed by Robson who is a Kenny style hooker. A tacklebot who can play big minutes and provide decent service is a valuable player.

Nailed it..

The same people that say kenny doesmt offer much are the same people who used to say Edwards didmt offer much.

They are effort players..super competitors.

You listen to ennis talk about kenny over the last 12 months and you know how important kenny is to the team.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Nailed it..

The same people that say kenny doesmt offer much are the same people who used to say Edwards didmt offer much.

You listen to ennis talk about kenny over the last 12 months and you know how important kenny is to the team.
I'm just saying you could bring in absolutely any first grade hooker and after let's say a full season would end up being just as good or better than Kenny.

Kenny legit gets to do what he does because of all the talent around him..similar player to Robson in the blues team (just make your tackles) I'm not saying he is a bad player I've always said that Kenny isn't all that good compared to all first grade hookers I wouldn't pick him in my top 5.

WestyLife

First Grade
Nailed it..

Ah what I said Kenny is good. Also Edwards didn't offer much that's why he got dropped.

Girds89

Bench
Ah what I said Kenny is good. Also Edwards didn't offer much that's why he got dropped.

He was dropped cos hes confidence was way down haha. Not cos the club didn't think he didmt offer much.

Its been said a million times over the years by ivan and the players how valued dyl is..

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He was dropped cos hes confidence was way down haha. Not cos the club didn't think he didmt offer much.

Its been said a million times over the years by ivan and the players how valued dyl is..
The only players the Penrith Panthers have overpaid during this run are Staines and Tago (well May as well but that's a weird Ivan thing).

Now why might we have overpaid Charlie? Think really hard

Girds89

Bench
I'm just saying you could bring in absolutely any first grade hooker and after let's say a full season would end up being just as good or better than Kenny.

Kenny legit gets to do what he does because of all the talent around him..similar player to Robson in the blues team (just make your tackles) I'm not saying he is a bad player I've always said that Kenny isn't all that good compared to all first grade hookers I wouldn't pick him in my top 5.

This couldn't be further from what actually happens haha.

Kenny doesn't offer much in attack so how does having all those stars around him help haha??

To lead the line speed every week... consistently smash bigger blokes and win the ruck every time..

Never give up attitude...

Thats something he has as an individual..what i see in him a see in dyl.

They are both exceptionally fit and they just have a crazy desire to win every little part of the game.

Kennys line speed in the 75th minute is better than some hooker in the 1st.

Thats not something you can coach. He has a fire in him just like dyl.

Kennys defence is a huge huge reason why we are soo dominant. He leads the way and the line speed and he just doest give up..

What he adds to the team is soo soo underrated

Girds89

Bench
The only players the Penrith Panthers have overpaid during this run are Staines and Tago (well May as well but that's a weird Ivan thing).

Now why might we have overpaid Charlie? Think really hard

Mate you spin this narative all the time..

I said for years before charlie even got his debut that laurie was better.. that we shouldve kept daine as he was a proper ball playing fb. I always thought charlie would struggle in the nrl..

The club obviously liked staines as he could play wing and fb so he offered more coverage than daine.

I have never thought they had him as insurance for edwards... the reason for this is daime was the better fb..

If they truly wanted insurance for edwards they wouldve kept daine.

But they kept staines cos he could play wing.

Daine is not a winger.

You need to realise players go through poor form patches...

It doesnt make them bad players..

You cant see past bad form.

Laui has had his struggles.. Edwards too. Tago atm

They are all quality players tho.. like luai and edwards tago will find form and be the player he is capable of.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Mate you spin this narative all the time..

I said for years before charlie even got his debut that laurie was better.. that we shouldve kept daine as he was a proper ball playing fb. I always thought charlie would struggle in the nrl..

The club obviously liked staines as he could play wing and fb so he offered more coverage than daine.

I have never thought they had him as insurance for edwards... the reason for this is daime was the better fb..

If they truly wanted insurance for edwards they wouldve kept daine.

But they kept staines cos he could play wing.

Daine is not a winger.

You need to realise players go through poor form patches...

It doesnt make them bad players..

You cant see past bad form.

Laui has had his struggles.. Edwards too. Tago atm

They are all quality players tho.. like luai and edwards tago will find form and be the player he is capable of.
So many words for so little actual content. You're only second to me for repetitive bullshit and only one of us is taking the piss half the time.

Original Name

Juniors
The big problem with Tago (allegedly) is if he refuses to take modern medicine, western Medicine or whatever it is he'll continue to continue to play through injuries that aren't being managed well. Rugby League week to week with how big and fast theses guys are takes a toll on your body no matter what to every single player without exception. With ever increasing professionalism in the game Mitch Pearce when he came back to Australia was talking about how much bigger, stronger and quicker the edge players have gotten in general since he went to the Super League to put it into perspective.

Eventually you will be playing injured, you will need to be treated as every player does and the power of crystals or whatever won't help. He'll need to be rested more than other players or something even then I have my doubts how sustainable playing Rugby League in the modern era like that is.

That's way more important than his current form with the long contract he's on.

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
Just facts Alice. He has massive issues. Keep your head in the sand if it helps you
You have massive issues, Tago does not, he has form issues, which will be temporary. In general I don’t think you’re geniused so I’m at a loss to explain how you rate outside backs. Fundamentally Naden was just completely f**ked and Staines is shit in contact, not a great reader in defence and sketchy cleaning up or taking kicks, without space in front of him he’s a plain liability. Tago is none of these things, sound tackler, when our defensive edge was settled he showed he knew how to read a play, strong in contact and erection inspiring feet. He’s nowhere close to a place where investing in him long term should be doubted.

chrisD

Coach
The big problem with Tago (allegedly) is if he refuses to take modern medicine, western Medicine or whatever it is he'll continue to continue to play through injuries that aren't being managed well. Rugby League week to week with how big and fast theses guys are takes a toll on your body no matter what to every single player without exception. With ever increasing professionalism in the game Mitch Pearce when he came back to Australia was talking about how much bigger, stronger and quicker the edge players have gotten in general since he went to the Super League to put it into perspective.

Eventually you will be playing injured, you will need to be treated as every player does and the power of crystals or whatever won't help. He'll need to be rested more than other players or something even then I have my doubts how sustainable playing Rugby League in the modern era like that is.

That's way more important than his current form with the long contract he's on.
What treatment has he refused? That sort of nonsense is a genuine concern.

Original Name

Juniors
What treatment has he refused? That sort of nonsense is a genuine concern.
(edit) He straight up refuses anything that's not "natural." He could probably get freaking polio.

'I don't even take the protein powder the club wants me to,' Tago said.

'I used it a couple of times because they want me to, but it's not for me. I have not taken medicine for a few years now … it's not something I do. I don't really get sick … if I do get something like a fever I just sit with it.'

Instead, Tago turns to herbal medicines to deal with the aches, pains and other issues footy players have to manage throughout the season.

'There are a few old ways of dealing with illness that I use … old tricks that have sort of fizzled out, but that's what I do. I'm just going back to my roots. It's how I like to live.'

It is an amazing approach to a sport that is dominated by sport science and that is tightly governed by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority [ASADA].

In fact, Tago even rejected surgery on an injured pectoral this season that could have cost him a place in the grand final.

'I didn't need one [an operation] for my pec … just rest and I got better that way,' he said.

'My injuries have not needed surgery.'

So how does Tago manage injuries without medicine?

'Bone broths, ointments from the natural shop at Penrith, coconut water, it's what has got me through,' he said.

'I'm not in pain. I'm at seven out of 10.'

chrisD

Coach

Passing sweet off the ground is a rare skill and Kenny is as good as anyone at it. And he’s a monster in defence. He’s not a top 5 hooker but you’re also not going to replicate him with any hooker you give a year.