What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

soc123_au

Staff member
Surely we take a look at Jack Bird...can play multiple positions and if we could snag him for say 500k a year I think he'd make a great hole filler. Yes plenty of injuries but we'd use him alot different to the drags
Where would you play him? A big no from me even on minmum.

Fangs

Coach
Surely we take a look at Jack Bird...can play multiple positions and if we could snag him for say 500k a year I think he'd make a great hole filler. Yes plenty of injuries but we'd use him alot different to the drags

We should have had a go at him when he was on the scrapheap at the Broncos. Would have been worth a bit less at that point.

Turning 30 next year. Still overweight despite an off-season with Flanno and a long stay at centre in 2024. Injury issues as well. I don't think he is the right guy to make a play for at the moment.

Original Name

Juniors
I saw Blaize trying to catch Bradman Best. Blaize looked like he was on a treadmill with the incline set to 15.
Sure but Rugby League speed is the most important type of speed in the sport. That's how fast you can get in about 8 metres before the line. That acceleration is what really matters in the sport. A Panthers player makes a break but doesn't have the pace to beat the fullback. No one gives a shit, either there's someone in support or they get a quick play the ball and Penrith are happy to play on the front foot with the momentum that patient attack is the style that's got Penrith 3 premierships.

Avenger

Immortal
Sure but Rugby League speed is the most important type of speed in the sport. That's how fast you can get in about 8 metres before the line. That acceleration is what really matters in the sport. A Panthers player makes a break but doesn't have the pace to beat the fullback. No one gives a shit, either there's someone in support or they get a quick play the ball and Penrith are happy to play on the front foot with the momentum that patient attack is the style that's got Penrith 3 premierships.
I agree your squad isn’t particularly fast.

Pomoz

Bench
I think the Panthers have had nobody quick since Jennings. Blade will know, they keep records of the times, but I doubt anybody in our current team or over the last four years, has ever matched Jennings or Wesser over 40m.

I think the Panthers have had nobody quick since Jennings. Blade will know, they keep records of the times, but I doubt anybody in our current team or over the last four years, has ever matched Jennings or Wesser over 40m.
Wasn't Charlie Staines up to that level?

The Realist

Juniors
Tago is Very quick between 0-30 metres.

Taylan May was also quick as well, not as quick is Izack at short distance but would have been quicker in medium/long distance. That's academic now.

Alamoti is apparently no slouch but not really a bolter.

Staines was pretty quick but only from medium distances. He took time to reach top speed.

Latest posts