What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

The Realist

Juniors
Ahh the hookers of Penrith. A long list.

Wayde Egan
Sione Katoa (The better one)
Masada Iosefa
Joel Romelo

Glory days.

Segeyaro, Priddis, Korisau and Kingston were all imports. And it’s been a long time since Brad Drew and Craig Gower were playing 9 for us and Royce Simmons before that.

All of them had huge potential but were let down by poor coaching and/or character flaws.

Masada (RIP) in particular could have been anything, unbelievable talent, but poor coaching then a complete loss of confidence under Elliot seemed to end his career.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Blaze will have a 5x better career than Longi. Blaze has already shown the world how dangerous he can be running the ball now imagine abit of panther polish and both Clearys in his ear daily = superstar potential.

Don't forget he is still under 20yo and has made alot of quality defenders look lost in this his rookie season in a struggling side.

I'll say it now that Blaze will play for NSW in about 3 years time maybe even 2 years.

Iamback

Coach
Have we made the right call regarding Talagi vs Longi?

Could we have made Longi a potential 5/8?

Also Edwards has another 2-3 good years in him before he starts his Teddy like decline. who is the presumptive heir to Edwards when the time comes?

I am undecided on where Talagi fits in with our system.

Iongi is only a fullback and even then is small so doesn't fit the Pantherball way.

Talagi even has the size to have a move to the forwards in play. So is a better squad player

Iamback

Coach
As an eels fan I can tell you that whilst Blaze has great movement and is illusive, he isn't quick . Watch the Newcastle v eels latest match and you'll find that a 104kg best put 15m on him on both 70m tries. On the second try Blaze seemed like he didn't want to chase. He'll make a good 6, but forget about speed in the outside back positions

I have yet to see any great speed from him. Time will tell where he ends up.

Iongi will go well. Sadly as a Parra hater it pains me to type that

maple_69

Bench
Depends on their attitude and the system they play in as to who has a better career. Plenty of players at Penrith with solid skill and physical attributes but they are multiple premiership winning rep players because their attitude, competitiveness and desire is off the charts. If Talagi has the right attitude he should have a fantastic career but if he doesn’t, he will be chewed up and spat out very quickly at Penrith and will wash up at the Dragons or Knights trying to salvage his career in a busted system.