What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Fangs

Coach
Thoughts on Sione Mata'utia?

Returning to Australia from St Helens. Apparently not to play NRL but for family reasons. But the guy is still only 28 years old. He started very young so it's already a 10 year career.

I haven't had an eye on him in the Super League. But I thought he was very good against us in the 2023 WCC v St Helens.

@Blade23 get on him

maple_69

Bench
I think if we didn't have Garner he'd be a really interesting prospect. Not sure what he'd add to our team given we are set for starting edge forwards (his best position) and we have a great centre/second row utility in Garns. Could be a good pickup for someone though. Guys that can add value as a forward in that 4th bench position but do a very good job covering injuries/HIA elsewhere if needed are so valuable.

Sime_11

Juniors
he'd be great for the Tigers, Eels or Manly IMO

where do you fit him with us - Mav has come on better in the 2nd part of the season - would be a backwards step to leave Mav off the bench going into 2025

maple_69

Bench
Unsure how Mav fits onto our full strength bench. Without further signings he'd be a solid first drop. Ivan could slide Sorenson to the edge and Patea (or Eisenhuth if re-signed) as that first drop.
8. Smith 9. Kenny 10. Leota 11. Papali'i 12. Martin 13. Yeo 14. Toelau 15. Henry 16. Sorenson 17. Garner

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Unsure how Mav fits onto our full strength bench. Without further signings he'd be a solid first drop. Ivan could slide Sorenson to the edge and Patea (or Eisenhuth if re-signed) as that first drop.
8. Smith 9. Kenny 10. Leota 11. Papali'i 12. Martin 13. Yeo 14. Toelau 15. Henry 16. Sorenson 17. Garner
Garner is our best backrower at this point

Sime_11

Juniors
personally something tells me Leota will seek a release to NZ as well in the offseason - i think we will release 1 more forward this offseason unless Sorro retires

Kilkenny

Coach
Moses Leota signed a 4 year deal last year so his contract sees him through till end of 2027. Not sure why he would walk away from such a deal. It was a very generous deal on our part.

Latest posts