What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

BrotherJim05

Bench
With both McInnes and Finucane joining the Sharks this year, what do you guys think will happen to Brailey? Will he actually start at 9 and Mcinnes to 13 and Finucane to Front Row?

Asking for a mate - cheers!

Tiger Shark

Bench
With both McInnes and Finucane joining the Sharks this year, what do you guys think will happen to Brailey? Will he actually start at 9 and Mcinnes to 13 and Finucane to Front Row?

Asking for a mate - cheers!
That's the most likely scenario imo, especially with us signing Blayke for another 4 years. He's clearly our long term hooker option.

ghoti

Bench
That's the most likely scenario imo, especially with us signing Blayke for another 4 years. He's clearly our long term hooker option.
It seems almost certain... Only other option I can see is the Melbourne/Canberra 2021 approach with McInnes and Finucane starting at 9 & 13 with Brailey to come on after 20 with the above reshuffle.. but I much prefer Brailey 9, Finucane 8, McInnes 13

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Rather than look at specific positions the focus should be on who can play where as injuries / covid will impact the season no doubt.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Our forwards should have much greater depth overall…. All we’ve lost is “back it up” Woodsy and Billy McWho?. We’ve added Finnucane and McInnes and players like Wadeo….Royce, Talakai and Fifi should at least be available more often. The one that I’m really looking forward to going around is Royce Hunt… looks like a beast. How much we’ll get out of Wade and Fifi is anyone’s guess but at least they’ll both get fitting farewells at Shark Park worst case scenario.

shaggs

Coach
Rather than look at specific positions the focus should be on who can play where as injuries / covid will impact the season no doubt.
Do you think since asymptomatic covid positive nurses are being asked to work, that it won’t be out of the realms of possibility that asymptomatic sports people can continue to play??

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Do you think since asymptomatic covid positive nurses are being asked to work, that it won’t be out of the realms of possibility that asymptomatic sports people can continue to play??
I’ve got no idea what the nrl rules will be. I’m all for the bubble list to be bigger just to keep the comp going. If we have to get some non top 30 players playing then so be it. The results of the day stand as the results of the day.

R-15-3

Bench
With 99% of players double vaccinated majority of players will only miss 1 game each and every team will be affected the same I’m assuming min 25%+ will have had it before the season starts so it won’t be as big of an issue as it seems.

Depth will be a massive benefit and the likes of Tracey & Miller being able to cover so many positions will be a plus.

I do think the NRL should increase squads to 35 and grant each club an extra $400k to pay 5 extra players min wage.

Don’t wait till teams are struggling to then introduce loans, exemptions etc etc iv said before but 5 extra players in the system for 12 months will go along way to improving depth in the NRL with 30 players moving to the Dolphins in 23

Stake Removed

First Grade
With 99% of players double vaccinated majority of players will only miss 1 game each and every team will be affected the same I’m assuming min 25%+ will have had it before the season starts so it won’t be as big of an issue as it seems.

Depth will be a massive benefit and the likes of Tracey & Miller being able to cover so many positions will be a plus.

I do think the NRL should increase squads to 35 and grant each club an extra $400k to pay 5 extra players min wage.

Don’t wait till teams are struggling to then introduce loans, exemptions etc etc iv said before but 5 extra players in the system for 12 months will go along way to improving depth in the NRL with 30 players moving to the Dolphins in 23
There is a proposal from Sticky that you can bring players outside of top 30 into 1st grade from round 1 instead of from mid season to cover covid