What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

DJDL

Bench
Exactly - gonna have to sign some squad men. He’s big, has some pedigree, worth a shot as a cheapie.

I'm starting to think I'm fairly comfortable with where we're at for forwards next year.

Things that have killed us this year are the loss of Royce for most of the year, the decision to allow BHU to spend the offseason in NZ and Fifita's knee.

There was a lot of talk in the pre-season about how much weight Fifita had lost and that he was moving as freely as he has in years. Based on that, you'd have expected to have had more output from him than what we have. Whether that's down to the previous coach's steadfast refusal to play him, and the subsequent drop-off in fitness, is debatable. But I think he'd have been pencilled in for more minutes than what he's played.

The BHU decision, while honourable, has bitten hard. He was a shadow of himself earlier in the year and has only just started to hit his straps the past month or so. He clearly came back underdone, then got injured when he was just starting to get some match fitness so it was back to square one.

But the big one for me is Royce. He's managed 2 games all year.
I know Talakai gets all the plaudits because he can put on a hit, or trample over guys at times but for me, Royce is the man. After a full pre-season for him and coming back fresh next season, hopefully we'll see the best of him.

Talakai I don't want to see playing on an edge or in the centres again - save for covering injuries during a game. He's a middle and that's it.

With the arrival of Finucane, we've got middles of:

Front row
BHU
Finucane
Royce
Toby
Talakai
Williams

Lock
McInnes
Toby
Williams

Then you've got the likes of Franklin Pele coming through who should start to see more game time next season.

Napa would be a handy addition, but he'd be squad-filler and that's it and that's all we need IMHO.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'm starting to think I'm fairly comfortable with where we're at for forwards next year.

Things that have killed us this year are the loss of Royce for most of the year, the decision to allow BHU to spend the offseason in NZ and Fifita's knee.

There was a lot of talk in the pre-season about how much weight Fifita had lost and that he was moving as freely as he has in years. Based on that, you'd have expected to have had more output from him than what we have. Whether that's down to the previous coach's steadfast refusal to play him, and the subsequent drop-off in fitness, is debatable. But I think he'd have been pencilled in for more minutes than what he's played.

The BHU decision, while honourable, has bitten hard. He was a shadow of himself earlier in the year and has only just started to hit his straps the past month or so. He clearly came back underdone, then got injured when he was just starting to get some match fitness so it was back to square one.

But the big one for me is Royce. He's managed 2 games all year.
I know Talakai gets all the plaudits because he can put on a hit, or trample over guys at times but for me, Royce is the man. After a full pre-season for him and coming back fresh next season, hopefully we'll see the best of him.

Talakai I don't want to see playing on an edge or in the centres again - save for covering injuries during a game. He's a middle and that's it.

With the arrival of Finucane, we've got middles of:

Front row
BHU
Finucane
Royce
Toby
Talakai
Williams

Lock
McInnes
Toby
Williams

Then you've got the likes of Franklin Pele coming through who should start to see more game time next season.

Napa would be a handy addition, but he'd be squad-filler and that's it and that's all we need IMHO.
I read somewhere that Pele is back from injury this week. We need one or 2 squad forwards though, NRL standard, Napa is a perfect fit. We'll probably keep Tolman on as well.

crazy pineapple

Juniors
Darryn Schonig from the Storm could be a good pick up. bustling tackle breaking front rower, just less the experience of Napa but probly twice the desire

Bob Scott

Juniors
Bateman would be the one to get, if he is seriously wanting to come back to the NRL.
He is a weapon!
Always a worry when someone has agitated the way he did at the Raiders that he would be happy doing it again if it wasn't going his way , but love his desire and competitive nature when he plays .

chewsta

First Grade
Always a worry when someone has agitated the way he did at the Raiders that he would be happy doing it again if it wasn't going his way , but love his desire and competitive nature when he plays .
I agree mate, the old homesick card is always a worry. There is something not right down at the Raiders though seems like a bit of a hostile environment. Players leaving, punching on and getting the boot, plus Ricky as the coach as well.
Bateman carried them that year though. He would be unreal alongside the players we have on the books next year.

R-15-3

Bench
Bateman has been the worst on field in his last few games add that on to the risk of returning I wouldn’t touch him.

jason taylor

Bench
Napa would be a good signing from an experience point of view as both Woods and I assume Tolman will be gone (plus who knows how many games Fifita will play in his last season)

Craigshark

First Grade
Something is going on with Payne haas and the broncos. SBW and Mundine are probably in his ear telling him Orr has done his deal in the best interests of Kevie who he is also the manager for. Give Fifita a job around the club for 200k/per year for the next 4 years and get on the phone to Payne.. dare to dream!!

Tiger Shark

Bench
Something is going on with Payne haas and the broncos. SBW and Mundine are probably in his ear telling him Orr has done his deal in the best interests of Kevie who he is also the manager for. Give Fifita a job around the club for 200k/per year for the next 4 years and get on the phone to Payne.. dare to dream!!

Obviously he's a weapon but something about paying a million dollars a year on a prop, particularly the rumoured 6 years plus deal doesn't sit well with me. We're just getting over some bad 4 year deals. 6 years seems risky, even for a player like Hass.

Look at JT at the Cowboys. He's still got 6 years to run and he wasn't close to a million dollar player this year. Granted injuries and shit coaching didn't help.

R-15-3

Bench
Still had 3 years to run on his current deal each year around $600,$700,$800. It’s him wanting to get paid more for in this current deal by extending for longer. Brisbane won’t let him play anywhere else for 3 years. If he wants more money for these 3 he has to work out a longer deal to get it.

Latest posts