What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I'd love to know if we got Sal Cap relief for Dale. Have we had to pay him full freight for this year after he pulled up stumps or what?

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Who would you get that’s available and an upgrade on what we have with what ever cap space we have ?
Think you took my comment the wrong way. Fitz believes in who we have, personally I don’t think we go further than we have with the players we have. But that’s just my opinion and would love to be proven wrong like I was with flanno.

Shark67

Juniors
We are a development club. The strategy is to develop from within. Mezzatesta mentioned in a recent podcast that we won’t go to market until 2026 or 2027. Not saying we won’t pickup the odd player along the way, especially for a potential swap to strengthen a position.

DJDL

First Grade
Yep. It all sits in with Fitzy's "improvement from within" philosophy.

Of the current top 17 I don't really see where that improvement comes from.
The vast majority look at, or just past, their peak for me.

Hopefully it'll be through the likes of JC, Tuku, Dykes and Stonestreet coming through.

Otherwise this squad feels pretty stagnant to me.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
The rarely, if ever, spoken about thing is expansion. When the Western Bears, or whoever it is, come in the game has to find 30 more players. Just having the Dolphins come in has watered down the talent pool. The teams who can keep their squads together the longest will have an advantage I reckon. To that end Fitzie's strategy is a good one and you only bring in blokes as needed. You also only bring in quality, not players like the current dross available.

Most of the current players are young enough to be retained when current contracts are up. Especially if they keep improving slowly but surely. This will, to a point, ensure the Sharks don't have to go into what will be an inflated market to try and restock the cattle.

We are pretty clearly playing a long game.

Last edited:

DJDL

First Grade
If we have to shed some middles I’d prefer it to be either one of Herb or Toby, plus one of Royce or BHU.

BHU and Toby were extended earlier in the year so it looks like it’ll be the other two.

Not the way I’d have played it.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
If we have to shed some middles I’d prefer it to be either one of Herb or Toby, plus one of Royce or BHU.

BHU and Toby were extended earlier in the year so it looks like it’ll be the other two.

Not the way I’d have played it.
No way would I cut Herb loose. He's going to be the one who benefits most from AFB being here. Going to be hard to stop a team with these 2 offloading. They are both in the top 10 offloading props this year. Herb is 6th, AFB is 9th.

Hazo is the one on the slippery dip after recent form IMO. He is cooked though. PLayed way more than was planned for him

DJDL

First Grade
No way would I cut Herb loose. He's going to be the one who benefits most from AFB being here. Going to be hard to stop a team with these 2 offloading. They are both in the top 10 offloading props this year. Herb is 6th, AFB is 9th.

Hazo is the one on the slippery dip after recent form IMO. He is cooked though. PLayed way more than was planned for him

Agreed on all counts.
Way more upside in Herb than Toby.
I’m happy for him to hang around for a few more years.

shaggs

Coach
I reckon Hazelton goes to reduced minutes once BHU gets his fitness back.
Esp if DA ends up on the bench I reckon TH becomes 18th

Latest posts