What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Jerseys for 2013

Fire

First Grade
A friend emailed me some pictures and told me this - none of this is official from the Club.

1. Home - Red V (same collar as 2012).

2. Away - Illawarra jersey dropped, "Blood and Bandages" now the away strip (picture below).

3. Heritage - "Blood and Bandages" dropped, now the original Red V jersey (picture below).

4. Women in League - Same, except there will be a pink band on the bottom of the sleeve also, where the Home jersey is plain white.

5. ANZAC - Same, just an RSL logo.

6. Charity Shield - Black with Red "Y" (picture below).

Attachments

• Heritage.jpg
    Heritage.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Away_and_Charity_Shield.jpg
    Away_and_Charity_Shield.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 153

The Nick

Bench
I just hope for the Women In League strip they swap ALL of the red for pink, not just a pink and white jersey with red and white shorts and socks.

Looks hideous, and like a half assed job. We're better than that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How is the charity shield one a "Y"? It's clearly a V :?

Why are we wearing black jumpers? I don't get it are we still out in sympathy for North Sydney?

The blood and bandages is cool, but the heritage jumper doesn't do anything for me, two emblems?:?

Breathingfire

Juniors
I hope this is true...it will be nice to not run around in that ridiculous Steelers jumper. I love the blood and bandages!

Slackboy72

Coach
Why are we wearing black jumpers? I don't get it are we still out in sympathy for North Sydney?

The blood and bandages is cool, but the heritage jumper doesn't do anything for me, two emblems?:?

178940.jpg

saints4ever

First Grade
They could've given it a spruce up if not all out clean. I know we are proserving history but jeez

Band On The Run

Juniors
I feel sorry for those who were the Illawarra side of the merger if their jersey is being dropped.

Not like they had enough of their identity dropped.

DragonBuck

Juniors
As someone who has grown up following the Steelers and have come to love the Dragons I will be filthy if the Steelers lose any more of their identity in this merger. If they are going to use home and away jumpers they have to use the Steelers or just play in the RedV all of the time. my 2 cents

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
As someone who has grown up following the Steelers and have come to love the Dragons I will be filthy if the Steelers lose any more of their identity in this merger. If they are going to use home and away jumpers they have to use the Steelers or just play in the RedV all of the time. my 2 cents

Its all about $$$$ through merchandise mate. If the Steelers kit didn't sell, it will be replaced.

Plain and simple. Commercial considerations will always take precedence over nostalgia.

The Red V will always sell in numbers, year to year. It is an icon. I think if you looked at the Steelers jumper (I like it) it would sell once and once only. The alternate is always going to turn over every one or two or three years. Think the Adidas 06-07 to 08-09 to the dreadful Wolverine in 2010.

Keep the faith pal. We are one and the same.

Don't know about the heritage jersey or the decision to drop the steelers all red jersey so we'll see when their out, also would like to see them go back to a white collar no red on the home jersey and the charity Sheild needs to have a proper red v to mirror the home jersey not the (Y)?

I just hope for the Women In League strip they swap ALL of the red for pink, not just a pink and white jersey with red and white shorts and socks.

Looks hideous, and like a half assed job. We're better than that.

Yeah have to agree nick every other team went the whole way but us last season and youre right we are better than that we hope!

Also like to see them have stock earlier in the season we seem to be one of the last clubs to retail their jerseys also can anyone tell me where I can get proper players shorts with sponsors on them as the name suggests I'm on the west coast and it's all awful I mean afl over here your help would be appreciated thanks guys!

Premiers10

Juniors
2. Away - Illawarra jersey dropped,

It was on the dragons twitter page a few days ago that the steelers jersey will be the alternative strip again in 2013. It also said that they are not unveiling the heritage jersey until closer to next season.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Except that it's not the Steelers jersey.

The Blood-and-Bandages was removed as the alternate jersey because of whingers. They got a version of a Liverpool FC / Manchester United jersey for their troubles and thought this was appropriate.

They couldn't tell the difference.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
They could've given it a spruce up if not all out clean. I know we are proserving history but jeez
Are you talking about the 1929 jersey?

By 'all out clean' do you mean washing machine, bleach and a tumble dry?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I feel sorry for those who were the Illawarra side of the merger if their jersey is being dropped.

Not like they had enough of their identity dropped.
lol. A Qlder talking about heritage and identity. Now that's funny.

The Broncos ripped the heart out the BRL. In their quest to be part of the Sydney comp, the Broncos effectively killed off a number of proud Brisbane teams... teams with a long history in the old Brisbane comp. They then tried to kill St George and Illawarra through Super League. When that was over, they tried to kill the Gold Coast. The same club ripped up the turf of Lang Park, turning it into a soulless concrete bus station. It has gone from being a cauldron to vomit central, coupled with toilet seats in every tier. They know nothing of heritage and put $$$ above all else.

Latest posts