What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Siginigs 2007?

strider

Post Whore
the media won't hassle him, they'll just blame the usual suspects in some way - parra, BS, DF

again - i see parra as the easy option for him to avoid any fallout

Gronk

Staff member
The DailyTelegraph reports this morning that:

- Morley has had a massive offer from Warrington ($2M over 4 years), and
- West Tigers have identified John Morris as the man to fill the gap left by Scott Prince and that Morris, who is contracted to the Eels for 07, has a get out clause.

Big Mick

Referee
really?

I've heard Tigers are getting Travis Burns or Matthew Head...

I suppose if they get Head and Morris...Morris can play off the bench every week until Benji or Head enevitably get injured..lmao.

the_eel

Juniors
Its funny with all these players off contract i would have thought that Parra would have been extremely active in the player market this year specially with Morrison, Widders (maybe), McKinnon (probably), Morris (maybe) freeing up a bit of cash.

But the only player that we really have been linked to so far is Lyon??? Whats going on?

Stagger eel

Staff member
the_eel said:
Its funny with all these players off contract i would have thought that Parra would have been extremely active in the player market this year specially with Morrison, Widders (maybe), McKinnon (probably), Morris (maybe) freeing up a bit of cash.

But the only player that we really have been linked to so far is Lyon??? Whats going on?

just because we're not pulling our dicks about playing signings as much as other clubs are it doesn't mean we won't be active. Compared to alot of other clubs we're going through things very quietly, just remember that it's not even June 30 yet.

let's see what happens

strider

Post Whore
i don't think john morris is contracted to us next year???

yeah its not june 30 yet - unless players are given permission then most of what is being reported is just speculation, no one wants to get done for tampering (even if they are doing it - so they keep their mouths shut)

strider

Post Whore
also - on creagh, who alot of ppl want, scoop weilder said on the footy show last night he wants to test the market and want $900K over 3yrs - ie. $300K a season

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
also - on creagh, who alot of ppl want, scoop weilder said on the footy show last night he wants to test the market and want $900K over 3yrs - ie. $300K a season

if that's what he wants he'll get more.. us, the roosters, Manly and the Tigers are in the market for backrowers and he'd be a blue chip.

the_eel

Juniors
strider said:
yeah its not june 30 yet - unless players are given permission then most of what is being reported is just speculation, no one wants to get done for tampering (even if they are doing it - so they keep their mouths shut)

I understand thats its still pre June 30 but its just that the media normaly love to link the Eels with every player coming onto the open market and surprisingly we've hardly been linked to anyone.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
if that's what he wants he'll get more.. us, the roosters, Manly and the Tigers are in the market for backrowers and he'd be a blue chip.

I hope we are not putting too much focus on backrowers. Front rowers is what we need desperately.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
I hope we are not putting too much focus on backrowers. Front rowers is what we need desperately.

well the original post was directed at the possability of Ben Creigh coming over he does play in the backrow.

buit yes, we also need frontrowers.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
really?

I've heard Tigers are getting Travis Burns or Matthew Head...

I suppose if they get Head and Morris...Morris can play off the bench every week until Benji or Head enevitably get injured..lmao.

Burns has impressed me. And that is hard to do when you wear a Manly jersey. Kicking game needs a bit of work, but a good defender and runs hard.

If we lose Morris, i would be happy to pick him up.

Kornstar

Coach
Morris unfortunately will have nowhere to play next year if we get Lyon, Riddell and Pj are our hookers and Lyon our 5/8th. I doubt Hagan will have him at lock, and he would not be an effective bench player if they want to use him like the use Widders. IMO it would be better for him to leave and be gauranteed a starting spot elsewhere, i think he really deserves a starting spot.

He may not be the best player in our team, however he has really served us well and contributed plenty to our team

jayman

Juniors
dunno about that.. with the amount of money we have and the cap increase.. we should technically have money for lyon and other players...

however lyon not coming is going to be massive.. when most people tipped him to come.. 'reliable' sources and media reports...

eelsta

Bench
I know this has been said before but i can't see lyon coming now ,taking too long to happen IMO...

The_Coach

Juniors
If Creagh wants to test the market for the highest bidder either Manly or Roosters will get him. If they have a bidding war over him he will make a mint.