What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngun

Juniors
dont forget beau ryan mitch brown lawrence ayshford

Didnt think of Beau, he would be the only player I think deserves his place in the starting team, however he is a centre so maybe in time Ayshford will move into the backrow. Brown is a back up winger at best and Lawrence will always be a centre.

Borat.

Juniors
Where the hell are they expecting to fit all of these wingers?

Lote
Tuiaki
Topou
Utai (Apparently they are trying to snare him)
Fitzhenry
Daniella
Inu????

When you look at the above list the only winger that is there is Tuiaki and Lote and by all reports Lote is going to be moving to fullback at some point.

Topou - If he plays Sheens has said he will be used as a forward
Utai - Wont be coming to the Tigers and would be back up at best
Fitzy - Back up bench player at best
Daniella - Back up

Inu would be a good fit for us because he is a goal kicker and god knows we need one of those, not sure on current form though if he offers much more than that.

Daniella is a centre, on a 1 year contract
Brown on a 1 year contract
Topou is a on a match payment contract
Fitzy one year

God knows we need a goal kicker ....

Vossy

Bench
GREG Bird could finish up back at the Cronulla Sharks next season - the club he left in disgrace 18 months ago.

Sources have told us Bird misses life in Sydney and has told Paul Gallen he would love to return to the Shire. The former Test five-eighth has only signed a one-year deal with the Titans. The Sharks have the money available to offer him around $300,000 a season with Trent Barrett expected to retire at the end of the season. We're told that chief executive Richard Fisk will be speaking to Bird's manager next week.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/bird-keen-to-fly-south/story-e6freye0-1225855046435

:)

renouf

Juniors
Kimmorley already looks like hes struggling out there.. dunno how he can go for another season.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Apparently RLW is saying Mateo to the Warriors is a done deal. Someone who gets the mag might be able to confirm.

Wouldn't read too much into it though.

It's been reported that Inu is also a "done deal" and Steve Rapira coming home from the Cowboys is a "done deal".

What are the odds the Warriors end up with none of them?

Buckshot

Juniors
Townsville Bulletin today re. Tamou and Rapira

Tamou ready to step up
JOSH ALSTON
April 22nd, 2010
OFF-contract Cowboy James Tamou has been handed a huge responsibility against the almost all-international Eels pack tomorrow night and the young prop hopes that responsibility extends past this season.
While all hope of keeping fellow young Kiwi Steve Rapira in North Queensland appears lost, Tamou is likely to be tabled a contract in the coming days in a bid to keep him in Townsville.
Talks are at an advanced stage with his manager and club officials optimistic the hulking 21-year-old will put pen to paper.
Tamou - who is looking to add more aggression to his game tonight - loves the setup at the Cowboys and said he would be keen to further develop his skills under Neil Henry after making his NRL debut last season.
''I feel good, Townsville is a good place and the Cowboys is a really good club,'' he said.
''Absolutely, for sure, I would love (a contract extension).
''Hopefully I'll just let my footy do the talking and leave it with my manager.''
Rapira had been tabled a lucrative deal to keep him in Townsville as well, but the urgings of his brother Sam to return to the Warriors is likely to negate that in the coming days.
The Cowboys were desperate to keep the rising star and - while not officially out of the running - are resigning themselves to the fact that family will likely influence his final decision.
''He hasn't come to me saying he's definitely going but the last meeting I had with him the impression I got was he is going to go,'' executive director Peter Parr said.
''We can't do any more, I've had as many discussions with him about his future as Johnathan Thurston in the last couple of months and while it hasn't received the same profile as a couple of contracts we've been involved in, it's certainly one we've worked hard on.
''It would appear to me at this stage that unless he changes his mind he will probably go back there, the lure of playing with his brother is weighing heavily with him.''
While Rapira will likely depart at season's end, Parr said he was eager to get Tamou over the line.
''James is another guy we're working very hard to secure,'' he said.
''James is a good young player and we're trying to keep the good young players.
''I've had a couple of discussions with Sam Ayoub as well and he's well aware that we want to keep him if at all possible.''
Tamou has not spoken in depth with his good friend Rapira about his pending shift back across the ditch, but declared him as a bolter to make his international debut for New Zealand as early as this season.
''I think Stevie wants the same thing (as me), to let his footy do the talking,'' he said.
''He's just said that his main priority is with the Kiwis, I think he'll actually do that.''
Tamou's goals lie more in the short term where he is hoping to become a devastating ball carrier after several promising stints off the bench.
Locking horns with international countrymen Nathan Cayless and Fui Fui Moi Moi as well as former Australian representative Nathan Hindmarsh is a challenge he is relishing in the absence of Antonio Kaufusi and Manase Manuokafoa who have both been sent for stints in the Queensland Cup.
''I've been told I'm still a bit raw and there's a few things I need to work on but it's something I'm definitely looking for in the future,'' Tamou said.
''It's always a good test to go against the Test players, especially the front-rowers.
''Fui, Nathan Cayless, there's nothing better than going against them.''

Finch is being linked with the Knights.
Barba is being linked to the Cowboys and the Knights.

Apologise if this information has already been posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts