What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

NRL 360 just revealed Isaac Moses helped O'Sullivan negotiate his exit from The Dolphins.
D Saf
Hetho
Brails
Claims all about to get the tap if not already aware.
There will be a couple more I imagine. Elliot is on way too much for what he gives. Bottom 8 in his position no doubt.

DSaf, Hetherington and Braily are an excellent start though.

Some serious freight will need to be paid to move them on though. No club in their right mind would take the last 2.

Last edited:

Woody90

Juniors
If he really loved the club he'd be putting in. It's all blah blah from these guys.

Who else are you referring to? DSaf is really the only one I’d consider to be lazy and phoning it in.

You won’t find a player that will put in more for the club than Brailey which is what makes it so hard seeing what’s happened to him with the injuries. I’d hardly call Hethrington lazy either. He’s just a complete moron when he gets worked up and the club shouldn’t have paid so much money on such a risky player.

Still though, all 3 are good decisions, but let’s not insinuate the others are for the same reason as DSaf.

Woody90

Juniors
Think we had the Elliott discussion in another thread the other day but if his rumoured figure of roughly 450k is true then that seems pretty reasonable.

Yeah it’s around 460k which is a fairly low wage for a starting 13. He wouldn’t be my first choice if we had another option or unlimited cap but he performs to his salary (which is the issue with DSaf).

I reckon he’ll leave soon anyway though given Millie’s in Sydney.

Frederick

Staff member
"I always wanted to be a Newcastle Knight for my whole career, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen"

That right there is what's wrong with DSaf summed up. If he really wanted to be a Knight forever, he'd put the hard work in instead of just cruising along, going with the flow. He's been in charge of his own destiny, and he f**ked it up.

Good riddance I say

Burwood

Bench
Hetherington to Belmore. Gus loves him, and the lols of him and Mahoney being in the same team would be epic- has a player ever been binned for punching his own teammate?

slotmachine

First Grade
Think we had the Elliott discussion in another thread the other day but if his rumoured figure of roughly 450k is true then that seems pretty reasonable.

There's also no clear replacement for him in the squad. The others we can plug in a kid that offers 80% of the output for 20% of the cost.

Hastings on 800k next year in a similar position, I'd like to be rid of him but that would mean it's cogger time. Shudder.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Full strength team this year

ponga
Tuala
Best
Gagai
Marzew
Pryce
Hastings
Thompson
Crossland
Jsaf
Kpp
Lucas
Elliott

Brailey
Dsaf
Frizell
Hetherington

Guessing full strength 2025

ponga
???????
Best
Gagai
Marzew
Pryce
Hastings
Thompson
Crossland
Jsaf
Kpp
Lucas
Elliott

???????
???????
Frizell
???????

Guessing full strength 2026 (based on current contracts)

ponga
???????
Best
Gagai
Marzew
Pryce
????????
Thompson
Crossland
Jsaf
Kpp
Lucas
???????

???????
???????
Frizell
???????

slotmachine

First Grade
Gags has a deal for 2026, and Friz has an option.

2026 contracted
Best
Gags
Sharpe
Marz
Cogger
JSaf
Dsaf
KP
Crossland
Friz (option)

Other than Cogger and DSaf (who has already been told to hit the road) all decent pieces of a squad.

PhilGould

Bench

Gagai signed for 2025 with a mutual option for 2026. There's a fair few mistakes in the NRL list at the moment.

I've heard that Cogger is extremely unhappy behind the scenes so wouldn't be surprised if he's looking for the exit as well.

Old dog

Bench
Both Gags and Frizell have been very good for us but another season should do it, age catches up with us all.
Be happy to see Brains and Hetherington go and Cogger leaving would be a bonus

Knight Tales

Bench
O’Sullivan’s appointment could not have happened at a better time. His evaluations of players is what I am most looking forward to seeing. Just to give input into what overs actually is for a player in his view.

Both Gags and Frizell have been very good for us but another season should do it, age catches up with us all.
Be happy to see Brains and Hetherington go and Cogger leaving would be a bonus
Gags has been good this year yes but Saturday really showed up his lack of speed which is only going to get worse . Moses absolutely cooked him twice and other teams would be taking note

I'm not questioning his place in the team just yet but if he continues to get exploited like that I think questions will need to be asked beyond this year

Yeah it’s around 460k which is a fairly low wage for a starting 13. He wouldn’t be my first choice if we had another option or unlimited cap but he performs to his salary (which is the issue with DSaf).

I reckon he’ll leave soon anyway though given Millie’s in Sydney.
there were 3 or 4 teams after Elliot (saw an interview with him ) , Canberra and Newcastle weren't the only bidders.

Not sure where 460K has come from. I remember he's on coin around 550K

Even at 460K he's average at best. Players like Lucas on a pie and a coke is what makes a roster competitive.

mozza91

Coach
Don’t get the Elliot hate tbh. Quality defender and plays an important role as link man in the 13. One of the big talkers on the field as well. Half a mil a year for him is fine imo.

Who else are you referring to? DSaf is really the only one I’d consider to be lazy and phoning it in.
if the reports are true then someone agrees with me when I say Hetherington also is lazy and phones it in. Physically the lad could be anything, obviously couldnt be arsed to do so = cap thief

Other views on the roster - big focus on moving cap to the spine
*Elliot as above - bottom 8 player in his increasingly important position.
* Hope Gamble is viewed as a depth player and hasnt been paid more than basic salary
* whoever is responsible for resigning Brailey should have their position at the club under review - just stupid business at best. He was just above average even when he was playing well.
* Signing Cogger even as depth ( given our lack of quality in the halves) is a sign the club has little ambition - fringe first grader on a good day - get rid of him.
*Dsaf , no doubt the knee jerk that also signed Braily to his deal- dont let the door hit ya ass on the way out