What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogslife

Coach
Good to have cheap expierienced depth. He won't set the world on fire but he's handy enough as injury cover.

Also, his Fui style imitations of Sam Burgess would be lolsworthy and good for team morale.

:lol: You're a fair dinkum fruit loop

Very good source suggesting:

Shane Shackleton -> Souths
Justin Poore -> Souths

Both in mid season transfers in the next couple of weeks.

At the minimum wage both will be handy depth for us. And a decent coach could bring Poore back to resembling the Origin player he was not that long ago.

You heard it here first.

SK wouldn't release Shack to manly two weeks ago, but he's free to go to Souths? lol

And Poore has been playing much better than most people at giving him credit for IMO.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade

eozsmiles

Bench
Isn't Poore currently in the Parra 17? Has been recently enough. I can't see anyone letting a $300k player leave mid season to take up a minimum wage spot elsewhere and then continue to pay his contract! I can't see Parra paying him $5k a week and letting Souths pick up the rest.
You heard it here first.
Shack on the other hand is no chance of playing for Parra. I'm surprised they have't punted him already.

blaza88z

Coach
Good to have cheap expierienced depth. He won't set the world on fire but he's handy enough as injury cover.

Also, his Fui style imitations of Sam Burgess would be lolsworthy and good for team morale.

Maguire: Okay boys, we got belted up by the Roosters last week and as a recovery session I have bought in the comedy stylings of Shane Shackleton.. :lol::crazy:

He's barely played 100 first grade games over a time span of 8 seasons, how can you count him as experienced?

you'd recruit the most useless player and STILL talk him up to be the next big thing if given the opportunity, deadset nutcase

Patorick

Staff member
Isn't Poore currently in the Parra 17? Has been recently enough. I can't see anyone letting a $300k player leave mid season to take up a minimum wage spot elsewhere and then continue to pay his contract! I can't see Parra paying him $5k a week and letting Souths pick up the rest.
You heard it here first.
Shack on the other hand is no chance of playing for Parra. I'm surprised they have't punted him already.
Parra tend to not release players whose destination could be Manly.

:sarcasm:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Maguire: Okay boys, we got belted up by the Roosters last week and as a recovery session I have bought in the comedy stylings of Shane Shackleton.. :lol::crazy:

He's barely played 100 first grade games over a time span of 8 seasons, how can you count him as experienced?

you'd recruit the most useless player and STILL talk him up to be the next big thing if given the opportunity, deadset nutcase
You quoted "handy injury cover" and you somehow got "next big thing" from it. f**ken genius.

skeepe

Immortal
No surprise really, they've been shopped around to every club. I know the Raiders have already said no, and rightly so.

natheel

Coach
Justin Poore - playing ok this year, probably his best for us since he signed.

Shack - like him but unfortunately out of favour

neither will get released. we need the depth in case of injuries to back rowers with Shack

and how would Poore be better at Souths? better coach? Maguire has done well so far but is still green as an NRL coach - SK on the other hand hmmm but still claiming Poore will get better under Maguire is silly BM

If you said Bennett, Bellamy then it would be plausible.

Unfortunatley Poore has the work ethic of a slug and can play one good game and then turn in a shocker and make 35 metres that game, did so with Bennett at Dragons too. granted he made NSW

he is a lazy player.

as for Shack - wouldn't get a run on spot for most NRL clubs tbh

natheel

Coach
all Shack is good for at the moment is his weekly segment on the eels site 'shack attack' and even thats been axed recently.

both poor and shack will see out their contracts

gronkathon

First Grade
Edards is the kind of player who could really shine at the Raiders.

Hard to see why they would get him considering the backrow roster they have in NRL & NYC

BranVan3000

Coach
Justin Poore - playing ok this year, probably his best for us since he signed.

Shack - like him but unfortunately out of favour

neither will get released. we need the depth in case of injuries to back rowers with Shack

and how would Poore be better at Souths? better coach? Maguire has done well so far but is still green as an NRL coach - SK on the other hand hmmm but still claiming Poore will get better under Maguire is silly BM

If you said Bennett, Bellamy then it would be plausible.

Unfortunatley Poore has the work ethic of a slug and can play one good game and then turn in a shocker and make 35 metres that game, did so with Bennett at Dragons too. granted he made NSW

he is a lazy player.

as for Shack - wouldn't get a run on spot for most NRL clubs tbh
Doesn't matter if the ink on his credentials is still wet, a good coach is a good coach. Those guys would excel under other good newbie coaches like Flanagan or Griffin as well.

aqua_duck

Coach
Edards is the kind of player who could really shine at the Raiders.

Hard to see why they would get him considering the backrow roster they have in NRL & NYC

Edwards hasn't got a long term future in first grade. He's trying to build a career on 2 decent hits, besides that he's got not much more.

Pros:
*Can hit hard if you run straight at him
*Tries his best
*Is tough

Cons:
*Offers nothing with ball in hand
*Undersized
*Low workrate
*Can't offload or break the line
*No footwork

Status
Not open for further replies.