What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Miller is set to sign with the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Very good move for him, but I'm shattered to see him leave the Raiders. He will suit the style at the Dragons, and IMO, would be pushing for a place in the 17 somewhere.

Spud

Juniors
Josh Miller is set to sign with the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Very good move for him, but I'm shattered to see him leave the Raiders. He will suit the style at the Dragons, and IMO, would be pushing for a place in the 17 somewhere.

Yeah this is honestly the best thing for Josh, he seems to be going backwards last few years. He was a fantastic in 2005(?).

Johns Magic

Referee
Josh Miller has found a new home for next season, but refuses to accept his Raiders career is over despite suffering a collarbone injury on Sunday.

The 28-year-old’s manager Steven Stone revealed yesterday Miller was close to signing with a rival NRL club for next season after being squeezed out of Canberra’s 2012 salary cap.

A scan this morning will likely reveal Miller’s season has ended three rounds early after the Raiders hard man dislocated his sternoclavicular joint in the loss to South Sydney – an injury which takes about six weeks to heal.

Should the scan confirm the worst, Canberra fans would’ve seen the last of Miller in a Raiders jersey against the Rabbitohs.

It would be a cruel blow to the man who has put his body on the line like none other in an eight-year NRL career.

Miller was desperate for one last crack at representing his adopted home town.

‘‘Hopefully I can get out there, put another shot on and knock myself out for the crowd one more time,’’ Miller said.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...ights-to-save-career/2259621.aspx?storypage=1

:lol:

Alpha

Juniors
I know for a fact Josh Miller is leaving due to a bust up with the coach. This has been on the cards for a while he waslooking like going to the roosters at one stage.

Packy

Bench
Josh Miller has found a new home for next season, but refuses to accept his Raiders career is over despite suffering a collarbone injury on Sunday.

The 28-year-old’s manager Steven Stone revealed yesterday Miller was close to signing with a rival NRL club for next season after being squeezed out of Canberra’s 2012 salary cap.

A scan this morning will likely reveal Miller’s season has ended three rounds early after the Raiders hard man dislocated his sternoclavicular joint in the loss to South Sydney – an injury which takes about six weeks to heal.

Should the scan confirm the worst, Canberra fans would’ve seen the last of Miller in a Raiders jersey against the Rabbitohs.

It would be a cruel blow to the man who has put his body on the line like none other in an eight-year NRL career.

Miller was desperate for one last crack at representing his adopted home town.

‘‘Hopefully I can get out there, put another shot on and knock myself out for the crowd one more time,’’ Miller said.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...ights-to-save-career/2259621.aspx?storypage=1

:lol:

Haha that rules. What a guy.

Didgi

No, I'd say Lui would be halfback with Rovelli 5/8th, Cutters fans must be excited.

Oh, you think he'd be in first grade ahead of Thompson? lol no.

Charlie124

First Grade
I dont have a problem with Lui, although im not sure why we need him other than for depth. Thompson and Thurston are the halves for next year and beyond, i didnt think Mick Morgan was that bad in his few hitouts, just needs more confidence and game time. I just dont see why Lui would want to leave Sydney for Townsville only to play in reserves.

AB129*

Juniors
Am I the only Lui fan left on the planet? The bloke has perhaps the best hands in the game IMO. Can't tackle, but then again neither could Lockyer/Soward... you know the drill.

Lui is a 5/8th playing out of position and would be an absolute gun playing on the right, opposite JT and next to Paterson/Tate etc.

R2Coupe

Juniors
No, there are many Lui fans. It is not realistic to place huge expectations upon him but he does have the potential to be an outstanding player. I just don't see the point of making ridiculous comments about the merits of Thompson v Lui. Apparently they played together as juniors and I suggest would be good mates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts