What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Rumour has it, Sandow to the Dragons.

Anyone else heard this..

GO

"Rumour" also has / had these players going there :

Bronson Harrison, Sam Williams, Scott Prince, Brett Stewart, Steve Matai, Glenn Stewart, Sika Manu, Jeremy Smith, Chad Townsend, Luke Lewis, Michael Jennings, Mick Crocker, Mitchell Pearce, Feleti Mateo, Blake Ayshford, Benji Marshall, Jacob Miller & Rangi Chase ( sorry about those who I left off the list )

Oh yeah & in 2014 they'll have Johnathan Thurston, with Craig Bellamy as coach.

Bronson Harrison, Sam Williams, Scott Prince, Brett Stewart, Steve Matai, Glenn Stewart, Sika Manu, Jeremy Smith, Chad Townsend, Luke Lewis, Michael Jennings, Mick Crocker, Mitchell Pearce, Feleti Mateo, Blake Ayshford, Benji Marshall, Jacob Miller & Rangi Chase ( sorry about those who I left off the list )

You left off ageing reserve grader Michael Henderson. Here's the joke though. We actually got him.

franklin2323

Immortal

If Hayne plays 6. They need a safe basic 7 like Kelly. Sandow going frees up $500k. They can use that to make a play for Farah.

grandorient

Bench
Yes, that may well be true, but number 7's are not too plentiful at the moment.

Perhaps the greatest coach in Saints history can make Sandow a superstar.

GO

Edward

Juniors
Virtually every player gets linked to the Dragons.

If they were to chase an (expensive) halfback, the paper talk this year has been keen they are keen on recruiting Pearce.

I also think Sandow has a great opportunity under Stuart (as he was a halfback) to develop his game, so would be stupid to pass on that opportunity.

Rumour has it, Sandow to the Dragons.

Anyone else heard this..

GO

Sandow is definitely being shopped around. I heard and posted the other day that the Gold Coast were interested.

Apparently Parramatta have offered to pay $200k of his contract to have him off the books.

Sandow at $500k may not be an attractive offer but at $300k he becomes an interesting proposition for any number of teams.

Hadn't heard him linked to the Dragons but not surprised. Its well known they are on the lookout for a new 6 or 7.

Dogs Of War

Coach
That seems at odds with media reports of Stuart telling stories about the interaction between sandow and himself.

That seems at odds with media reports of Stuart telling stories about the interaction between sandow and himself.

From a coaching perspective, I guess Sandow is a going concern up until another club takes the offer.

Wouldn't be the first time a club's coach has come out in the media talking about plans for a player next year only for that player to be gone in weeks.

At this stage of proceedings, a lot of clubs have already settled on their roster for 2013 as well so it's not so easy to offload someone for $300k now as it would have been 6 months ago.

Avenger

Immortal
Sandow is definitely being shopped around. I heard and posted the other day that the Gold Coast were interested.

Apparently Parramatta have offered to pay $200k of his contract to have him off the books.

Sandow at $500k may not be an attractive offer but at $300k he becomes an interesting proposition for any number of teams.

Hadn't heard him linked to the Dragons but not surprised. Its well known they are on the lookout for a new 6 or 7.

Sandow's contract is severely back ended. The amounts for the last 2 years are Thurston type of money. Kearney was and will always be a moron when it comes to negotiating contracts.

And there lies the problem for Parramatta. Folau's contract will be back ended and you have Hopoate jumping on board next year as well. When you add Hayne into the mix it's a big slice of the pie and it's only getting bigger. I think the powers that be have realised that the Sandow deal was a mistake and they are trying to find a way out of it on the cheap. No one would take Sandow for the full Parramatta contract value. Not even Parramatta it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts