What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

blain

Juniors
Rumours about the Warriors, Iro -> Roosters, and potentially are close to signing Sam Williams, Trent Hodkinson, George Carmount, Etu Uaisele along with 1 or 2 others.. But god knows.

Rebel

First Grade
Rumours about the Warriors, Iro -> Roosters, and potentially are close to signing Sam Williams, Trent Hodkinson, George Carmount, Etu Uaisele along with 1 or 2 others.. But god knows.

Dominque Peyroux too.

Rebel

First Grade

Would be interesting if Uaisele came.... Manu hates him.

I'm baffled at all this "Sam Williams is going to xxx" talk.

Fact is Campo is no certainty to be fit by the start of the year and even if he is, Williams showed more at the back end of the year and has more promise than McCrone, who could always be shifted to hooker or a super-sub bench type role. McCrone is not a traditional halfback like Williams is.

I think 2013 will be the litmus test for Williams. He could either cement a spot long-term or if he does not become a commanding halfback he might not be re-signed with Cornish and Milford on the way... but yeah, I'd be stunned if he played elsewhere next year.

ramraider275

Juniors

Fact is Campo is no certainty to be fit by the start of the year and even if he is, Williams showed more at the back end of the year and has more promise than McCrone, who could always be shifted to hooker or a super-sub bench type role. McCrone is not a traditional halfback like Williams is.

I think 2013 will be the litmus test for Williams. He could either cement a spot long-term or if he does not become a commanding halfback he might not be re-signed with Cornish and Milford on the way... but yeah, I'd be stunned if he played elsewhere next year.

Don't think Williams will come to us, Dragons and Titans apparently have offered more money then us; they are chasing hard behind the scenes.

Don't think Williams will come to us, Dragons and Titans apparently have offered more money then us; they are chasing hard behind the scenes.

It's all irrelevant though.

He's contracted for next year and everything Raiders fans have heard is that he's not going anywhere.

Perhaps they're looking at him for 2014, but not for next year.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The worry is another team signing him for 2014 before the season starts (ala Maloney and the Roosters).
While the #7 should be his to lose Campos return and the clubs love for McCrone muddy the situation. With good offers coming in he might want to secure his future while he can.
Will be incredibly disappointed if we lose him.
[/FONT]

Kilkenny

Coach

Etu Uaisele would be a good depth signing. Not an automatic selection in any NRL top 17 but can do a solid job when called upon.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
What makes u say that? Because of the dog shot to the knee a couple years back?

When Etu origianally put that shot on i thought it was a straight shoulder to the knees, i was watching highlights the other day and that hit came up, after watching it a few more times closer i now think Etu actually tried to wrap his arms around him at the same same time. It's a tricky one. But Etu would be a good pickup for any club imo. Cheap, good backup, plenty of heart, decent finisher.

franklin2323

Immortal

Campese could play lock or McCrone 9. I rate Williams but there's Milford and Cornish that look like decent players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts