What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Would be disappointing if bodene left. He was been very good for us this year. Just before tedesco did his 180 it was reported we were close to resigning him, maybe now that Teddy's staying we don't have the cash.

With Fultons playing future unsure it Could leave our back row very skinny if he goes. Patersons option hasn't been taken up, akauola is still unsigned...only sironen is under contract for next year. Maybe Blair or sue will be moved out wide?

Paullyboy

Coach
The one position we are reasonably sorted is backrow, I realise there are bugger all options on the market, but this would just be signing someone for the sake of it.

nick87

Coach
I very much doubt we are bringing in Bodene Thompson, we're all but certain to be getting Joel Thompson back, might be some confussion there.

At least i hope so, Bodene Thompson f**king sucks

More of an under 20's rumour than and NRL one but this was reported in one of the papers over the weekend.

Jed Cartwright -> Penrith or Souths.

Gold Coast very keen to retain him but he has fielded some good offers from the above mentioned teams and is weighing up his future atm.

Hope he loads up his truck and moves to the Bunnies

Franko

Juniors
More of an under 20's rumour than and NRL one but this was reported in one of the papers over the weekend.

Gold Coast very keen to retain him but he has fielded some good offers from the above mentioned teams and is weighing up his future atm.

Who is Jed Cartwright. I've never heard of him? What position does he play?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think it's pretty obvious that souths (along with the rest of the world) have realsised what I've been saying all along...Adam Reynolds is really, really shit.

Galeforce

Bench
I think it's pretty obvious that souths (along with the rest of the world) have realsised what I've been saying all along...Adam Reynolds is really, really shit.

lol ,
not sure why you want to keep on showing your spiteful ignorance.
However Vic , why don't you focus on your pussy team and save the thoughtful guidance for them.

As for the rumour re Jed Cartwright , if you knew anything , you would know
a) Jed is 17 years old
b) currently plays 5/8 not half
c) is already 193cm and 88kg , so i do not think he will grow into a frame to challenge Reynolds for half
d) as already mentioned , he will either be a centre/secondrower as he fills out.

As for Reynolds , he may not be the best half in the NRL , however he is definitely above average with the best defensive game for a halfback and a better than average kicking game and minimal mistakes in general play. His problem is that he is not slick , however leave that to those who used to be Benji wannabes supporters.

Crazy Steve

Juniors
lol ,
not sure why you want to keep on showing your spiteful ignorance.
However Vic , why don't you focus on your pussy team and save the thoughtful guidance for them.

As for the rumour re Jed Cartwright , if you knew anything , you would know
a) Jed is 17 years old
b) currently plays 5/8 not half
c) is already 193cm and 88kg , so i do not think he will grow into a frame to challenge Reynolds for half
d) as already mentioned , he will either be a centre/secondrower as he fills out.

As for Reynolds , he may not be the best half in the NRL , however he is definitely above average with the best defensive game for a halfback and a better than average kicking game and minimal mistakes in general play. His problem is that he is not slick , however leave that to those who used to be Benji wannabes supporters.

Stop it you're killing me, he's not in the top 3 defensive halfbacks let alone the best. He is a good goal kicker and he is good at getting tattooed. If this was the NFL he would be on special teams cause that is all he is good for. He is average at best.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade

Hope we get him. Have never seen him play, mind, but cousins Jed and Bryce playing together needs to happen, and more importantly, so Souths miss out.

Galeforce

Bench
Stop it you're killing me, he's not in the top 3 defensive halfbacks let alone the best. He is a good goal kicker and he is good at getting tattooed. If this was the NFL he would be on special teams cause that is all he is good for. He is average at best.

You are welcome to your opinion , however if you follow Cowboys , i know which halfback i would prefer. Come to think of it , i am not sure who the cowboys halfback is at the moment , they change so often.:p Lets see how average at best Reynolds goes against Cowboys on saturday.:shock:

RWB

Bench
The one position we are reasonably sorted is backrow, I realise there are bugger all options on the market, but this would just be signing someone for the sake of it.

Not even sure if you're serious. :crazy:

You've got Jarrad Kennedy & Joel Edwards currently playing on the edges, they wouldn't make any respectable side pushing for the 8. Maybe Edwards would get a spot at lock but fmd Canberra have the worst group of second rowers in the comp & by quite some distance.

BranVan3000

Coach

Dutchy said:
Reynolds good in D :lol::lol:

Some blatant ignorance on display here

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/06/01/best-worst-nrl-defensive-halfbacks-year/

"This brings us to the best defensive halfback in the NRL for the 2014 season. Adam Reynolds from the South Sydney Rabbitohs has successfully trumped all other No. 7s this season by producing the best defensive performance. He has participated in all 11 games and slipped up on only 14 occasions, which gives him the incredible average of 1.2 tackles missed per game."

Reynolds is easily the best defensive halfback in the game, the right side of the Rabbitohs squad barely ever leaks points and is very commonly holding up guys and throwing them over the sideline. Last week on the Footy Show, Brad Fittler gave special mention to how he has witnessed Reynolds organise and direct his defensive side of the field. Reynolds is probably only behind Foran as the best defensive half in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.