What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even sure if you're serious. :crazy:

You've got Jarrad Kennedy & Joel Edwards currently playing on the edges, they wouldn't make any respectable side pushing for the 8. Maybe Edwards would get a spot at lock but fmd Canberra have the worst group of second rowers in the comp & by quite some distance.

I think he had a few of the u20s backrowers (pangai and mago) in mind when he said that

Paullyboy

Coach
Not even sure if you're serious. :crazy:

You've got Jarrad Kennedy & Joel Edwards currently playing on the edges, they wouldn't make any respectable side pushing for the 8. Maybe Edwards would get a spot at lock but fmd Canberra have the worst group of second rowers in the comp & by quite some distance.

We've also got a bloke called Papalii that goes alright as a backrower.

And Edwards is definitely better than Bodene Thompson. I didn't rate him when we signed him, but he's really proven his worth.

Joel Thompson will be a useful bench backrower next year, so I don't know where
Bodene would fit in.

Crazy Steve

Juniors
You are welcome to your opinion , however if you follow Cowboys , i know which halfback i would prefer. Come to think of it , i am not sure who the cowboys halfback is at the moment , they change so often.:p Lets see how average at best Reynolds goes against Cowboys on saturday.:shock:

I live in Townsville, but definitely don't follow the Cowboys. Souths will most likely steam roll the Cowboys this week, but I hazard a guess it won't be at the hands of Reynolds.

You are spot on though Robert Lui is one of the worst halves in the NRL, and usually who ever else they trot out to partner Thurston is usually bog average at best.

Let's see how average at best Reynolds goes in the big games at the end of the this season, last year he just looked like a deer in the headlights:eek:

For what it's worth I support the Roosters and while Mitchell Pearce may be much maligned, I would rather have him than a lot of other halves in the NRL.

Crazy Steve

Juniors
Some blatant ignorance on display here

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/06/01/best-worst-nrl-defensive-halfbacks-year/

"This brings us to the best defensive halfback in the NRL for the 2014 season. Adam Reynolds from the South Sydney Rabbitohs has successfully trumped all other No. 7s this season by producing the best defensive performance. He has participated in all 11 games and slipped up on only 14 occasions, which gives him the incredible average of 1.2 tackles missed per game."

Reynolds is easily the best defensive halfback in the game, the right side of the Rabbitohs squad barely ever leaks points and is very commonly holding up guys and throwing them over the sideline. Last week on the Footy Show, Brad Fittler gave special mention to how he has witnessed Reynolds organise and direct his defensive side of the field. Reynolds is probably only behind Foran as the best defensive half in the game.

That's great but how many tackle attempts did he make in those 11 games, because if he is only attempting 3 tackles per game then 1.2 tackle misses per game isn't really that good. Where as if he has attempted 150 tackles and only missed 14 then that is a very good conversion rate.

Perhaps the stats could show number of tackles made against tackles missed, which would give a true reflection of defensive capability or lack thereof depending on the player.....

franklin2323

Immortal
I think it's pretty obvious that souths (along with the rest of the world) have realsised what I've been saying all along...Adam Reynolds is really, really shit.

I used the same argument all last year. Not so much he's garbage but to compare to Walsh virtually similar stats re running metres, Kicks etc.

Yet Reynolds is Origin material but Walsh is garbage.... or both are garbage

betcats

Referee
Kevin is apparently pretty good isn't he? I've never seen him do anything, but I know a lot of people have rated him previously.

Kev would be a good pickup for canberra. He is better then any wingers you have besides maybe a healthy Edrick Lee.

PhilGould

Bench
Kevin is apparently pretty good isn't he? I've never seen him do anything, but I know a lot of people have rated him previously.
In his time at Newcastle Kev was a solid fringe first grader. Could do some really great things but then turn around and have a shocker. Haven't seen too much of him since he's been with Penrith.

Rod

Bench
I always found it strange Kevin Naiqama chose Penrith when he left us, he would walk into several backlines in the comp including the Raiders and the Sharks but instead he chose a club who was already pretty well stocked for outside backs. I can only assume his brother had something to do with it.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of him this year but I'd have thought he should be playing first grade on a regular basis especially when there's tripe like Jonathan Wright getting weekly FG gigs.

franklin2323

Immortal
I always found it strange Kevin Naiqama chose Penrith when he left us, he would walk into several backlines in the comp including the Raiders and the Sharks but instead he chose a club who was already pretty well stocked for outside backs. I can only assume his brother had something to do with it.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of him this year but I'd have thought he should be playing first grade on a regular basis especially when there's tripe like Jonathan Wright getting weekly FG gigs.

He hasn't been terrible. 4 tries in NRL, 11 tries in NSW Cup just too much depth for him to ever be a regular

Wes is definitely off contract and Kevin has a year to run. But I don't think Penrith would stand in his way should Kevin want a early release.
Most Penrith fans feel he hasn't lived up the the pre season hype and we have quite a few kids coming through in the backline.

mxlegend99

Referee
Kevin could probably have been good if picked in Round 1 and stuck with him. But he had a very poor off-season (trials and nines) and dropped down the pecking order. He got a shot early on and looked solid, but did nothing to demand selection either.

Personally I would rather keep Nabouli. Kevin is rightfully behind Simmons on 2014 form, even though he should be ten times the player.

PhilGould

Bench
Reading on twitter Darius Boyd has asked for an immediate release. Most likely destinations are Canberra or the Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.