What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarzey

Bench
They seriously can't move anyone out of their backline. It's the only good thing to come out of a woeful season for them.

Kiwi

First Grade
Waqa, Edick Lee and Uate in the threequarters.

The fumblingest backline in the NRL

Raiders 2015 backline training side by side for the first time in team colours.

green-pass1-400x185.jpg

Packy

Bench
8 that is not one of your best and I don't even know what your others have been like.

nrlnrl

First Grade
This has been on Dragons forums for a while, but things are moving along now. Dragons have signed no new players for next season & sounds like they want to clear cap space.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/s...dogs-20140915-

St George Illawarra's Brett Morris seeks release to join brother Josh at Canterbury Bulldogs
Date
September 15, 2014 - 11:45PM

Michael Carayannis
Rugby League Writer
View more articles from Michael Carayannis
Follow Michael on Twitter Email

Brett Morris has requested a release from the final year of his contract with St George Illawarra to join Canterbury as a decision to allow the flyer to test his market value may backfire on the Dragons.

The Test winger wants to sign a long-term deal with the Bulldogs to join brother Josh, and his future is expected to be decided by Dragons coach Paul McGregor, who was appointed to the role full-time last month. It is understood Morris was last month encouraged to test his market worth by club management, which had suggested his contract – which is believed to be $450,000 a season – was above market value.

When Brett Morris dangled the bait, he hooked a big catch with the Bulldogs prepared to reunite the Morris brothers by offering Brett a deal believed to be worth $600,000 a season over four years. Brett Morris has grown so frustrated with the club he won a premiership with in 2010 that even if the Dragons force him to honour the final year of his deal, he could still sign with the Bulldogs for 2016 as soon as November 1.

The Bulldogs are sweating on Morris securing a release and joining the club for next season as they target the 28-year-old to solve their fullback woes. Fairfax Media understands McGregor and Dragons chief executive Peter Doust are torn on what to do with probably St George Illawarra's highest-profile player, who is just 12 tries behind Matt Cooper✓ as the club's leading try-scorer.

McGregor handed Morris the captaincy for two games late in the season when regular skipper Ben Creagh✓ was injured. Dragons players were called into one-on-one reviews with McGregor last week. Josh Morris left the Dragons in 2009, and the brothers have long wanted to play alongside each other again.

Josh said he would love his brother to sign with the Bulldogs. "There's plenty of speculation going about," Josh said. "I'd love to have him at the club. It'll be nice. That's not up to me. That's up to him and his management to talk it out. Whatever decisions he makes for his future, I'm always going to support."

Josh Morris – who was off contract at the end of this year – rejected an approach to return to the Dragons next season and re-signed with the Bulldogs until 2018. The Dragons have salary cap restraints, having spent big on halves Gareth Widdop and Benji Marshall, and outside back Josh Dugan.Josh Morris said he "definitely" thought he would return to the Dragons at some stage.

"I was young back then and I didn't want to leave," Morris told Fairfax Media in March. "I always thought I'd end up back there."Certainly I had some thoughts to go back there again. Brett and I have wanted to play alongside each other and I had to take that into account. The discussions we've had with my manager and the Bulldogs have always been the Dragons have been the only other club. That's purely because we didn't want to give anyone the wrong idea. There were discussions with the Dragons and they were very interested but I think moving forward I've made the right decision."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts