What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
You forget Sandow. Throw in AJ and that would make 7 of the top 13

2016we probably won't have Champion, Sandow or Lussick

Johnston probably won't come because we have Hoppa at fullback

If anything if we do buy anyone for 2016 it'll be a half so maybe Foran and then rely on juniors who are coming through

Plus if you look at the teams we are buying a few players from have had a professional set up for a while and Arthur is trying to bring in some experience to help mentor through our juniors that we are keeping and show a professional attitude at the club because we haven't had that for a very long time

Last edited:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Talks are also continuing between Parramatta and the NRL regarding salary cap concessions should Hayne suddenly come home. The Eels are optimistic that, should Hayne return after a replacement has been bought, a way will still be found to keep him.

I don't think there should be any concessions if they take Foran from us. Taking another teams elite player and then adding back in the one that allowed you to sign him in the first place is unfair.

One Warrior

Bench
I don't think there should be any concessions if they take Foran from us. Taking another teams elite player and then adding back in the one that allowed you to sign him in the first place is unfair.

I agree with that, although Foran is not necessarily going to the Eels, he may well be heading home overseas.

natheel

Coach

Its not like we did it on purpose. If we can get Hayne back in good on us but it'll cost us a couple of other players should we sign Foran also. I'd say bringing the NRL into it would just to make sure there isn't a c**k up like there was with Folau again.

Foran will probably be an Eel in 2016 for you guys to keep DCE

Last edited:

winnyason

Juniors
Here a maths lesson for parra fans who think foran is a sure thing.
We have freed up 1.1 mill with release of king, choc and gifty now yes feleti and mason would take say 500 combined. If manly decide not to offer matai a contract and mason retires at season end.
I believe we will have around 1.1 to 1.3 free in top ups for both now... As we know dce and foran are both on 600k the cash is there for manly to make offers of over 1 million for both.
And if the club needed to and lets hope not if ballin was not resigned a further 300 to 350 would be freed up.
So is it a sure thing guys go read articles from 2012 about foran to dogs?

natheel

Coach
Here a maths lesson for parra fans who think foran is a sure thing.
We have freed up 1.1 mill with release of king, choc and gifty now yes feleti and mason would take say 500 combined. If manly decide not to offer matai a contract and mason retires at season end.
I believe we will have around 1.1 to 1.3 free in top ups for both now... As we know dce and foran are both on 600k the cash is there for manly to make offers of over 1 million for both.
And if the club needed to and lets hope not if ballin was not resigned a further 300 to 350 would be freed up.
So is it a sure thing guys go read articles from 2012 about foran to dogs?

then it would screw up future player signings lumping so much cash onto both players mate. I think manly are smarter than that.

i think Manly will lose at least 1 of them. Up to them to decide which one it will be. Funny not much talk about DCE being chased by anyone anymore where Foran is all over the papers. Maybe there is a reason behind it?

Plus Manly have Littlejohn there who with Cherry could make a decent pairing.

If you want a maths lesson go see who eels have coming off contract and add that onto the 1.2mil Hayne freed up... We will just have to wait to see what happens

Last edited:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Its not like we did it on purpose. If we can get Hayne back in good on us but it'll cost us a couple of other players should we sign Foran also. I'd say bringing the NRL into it would just to make sure there isn't a c**k up like there was with Folau again.

Foran will probably be an Eel in 2016 for you guys to keep DCE
The c**k up occurs if you sign Foran and don't have room for Hayne. No concessions... It is your own making. You could just keep half of the cash, sign a couple of fringe players and get him back in for 2016 on a forward loaded contract.

If you can squeeze Foran and Hayne on full salaries, then good luck. I don't even think it is a good idea for Manly to have both Foran and DCE under the current system. I'd love to have them in the team, but that is a lot of eggs in two baskets. Imagine if both had season ending injuries.

I don't believe he will be an Eel.

eozsmiles

Bench
If you break down every clubs contract situation you could make an argument for anything. Every club has players coming off contract next year - players come off every year. Every club has players on big contracts, and every club has players on big contracts that are ready to expire. Every club has players thinking about asking for a release, needing a certain level of performance to have their option roll over, or are receiving offers from elsewhere.

It doesn't matter which club signs which player, if they offer them a million, then they'll have to cut players to sort it out.

natheel

Coach
If you break down every clubs contract situation you could make an argument for anything. Every club has players coming off contract next year - players come off every year. Every club has players on big contracts, and every club has players on big contracts that are ready to expire. Every club has players thinking about asking for a release, needing a certain level of performance to have their option roll over, or are receiving offers from elsewhere.

It doesn't matter which club signs which player, if they offer them a million, then they'll have to cut players to sort it out.

Exactly and if eels want to fit in 2 players on big money then they will need to lose more than they would if only having one

I think our 2 will be Hoppa and Foran (should we get him) shutting the door on a Hayne return

Nice Beaver

First Grade
If the Eels sign Foran there is no way on earth they should get concessions to get Hayne if he returns.

He should go to a club that can afford him.

Hope Foran goes anywhere but Dogs or Eels if he jumps ship.

Delboy

First Grade
Its Ok, we can use the Gasnier clause and sign for JH for$50k , sounds fair doesn't it

Surely that would get through, there has been a precedent set, and we were royally screwed by a Maonly pelican in Shoebox over Falou :), just another reason to wonder about the inner workings of the NRL ( he said thinking $BW )

winnyason

Juniors
It is pathetic seeing the eels fans so desperate for foran. Lets be honest has foz ever kicked field goal, set up multiiple tries. He not a matchwinner its that simple while we have snake, killer and dce we will be in games.
Dce kicks field goals, makes line breaks, kicks 40/20s, puts players through holes. Foran is over glorified lock he is a good support cast eg sea eagles and nz.
Question eels fans confident foran can win you a comp really....i can go through highlight tapes of wins since his debut he is not going to be want you need. Offer overs we can keep the next great half in our game, foran is not that good year solid does some good things but he not a matchwinner.

shiznit

Coach
It is pathetic seeing the eels fans so desperate for foran. Lets be honest has foz ever kicked field goal, set up multiiple tries. He not a matchwinner its that simple while we have snake, killer and dce we will be in games.
Dce kicks field goals, makes line breaks, kicks 40/20s, puts players through holes. Foran is over glorified lock he is a good support cast eg sea eagles and nz.
Question eels fans confident foran can win you a comp really....i can go through highlight tapes of wins since his debut he is not going to be want you need. Offer overs we can keep the next great half in our game, foran is not that good year solid does some good things but he not a matchwinner.
Foran would push the Warriors to the brink of a premiership IMO...

He would provide them with everything they lack... That toughness and consistency they often miss...

He's a perfect foil for Johnson... From a Kiwi perspective I just want to see how good they can be if they played together week in week out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts