What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench
What a load of crap. Hodges retired so you could afford Kahu and Glenn re-signing. Nikorima and Taylor would have been on SFA. Were they even part of the top 25? Doubt them leaving would save you a cent under the cap.

Add Thaiday to that list as well, he wouldn't re-sign for peanuts.

RWB

Bench
Joe Ofengahue, Kodi Nikorima, Andrew McCullough & Josh Mcguire all inked new deals this year.

I'd find it hard to believe they'd be in a position to pay 400-500k for a centre but as outsiders we can never know what a salary cap actually looks like. They may have been paying Kennedy & Barba a shit load this year that they wont be paying them next year...

Kiwi

First Grade
Joe Ofengahue, Kodi Nikorima, Andrew McCullough & Josh Mcguire all inked new deals this year.

I'd find it hard to believe they'd be in a position to pay 400-500k for a centre but as outsiders we can never know what a salary cap actually looks like. They may have been paying Kennedy & Barba a shit load this year that they wont be paying them next year...

We have signed alot of our young talent up as well. Some 13 players so far this year to new deals. Kennedy we aren't paying a cent, have shared an article in the past where he has said he asked to leave and is playing at the roosters for minimum wage before getting suspended. Barba's money stops end of this year apparently. I can't see us being very active in the market to be honest. I can't see us getting Walker when we have Reed, Copely and Kahu fighting for centre already. Plus Bennett has openly endorsed Kahu and Copely as good enough replacements for Hodges.

Stranga

Juniors
Pretty sure that we were waiting on Hodges to retire to be able to re-sign Glenn and Kahu, so I doubt we could afford a player of Walker's stature.

But who knows? Perhaps the Walker thing has been on for a while and that's why Hodges is retiring, that would be the hilarious with all the salt it would produce on here.

blaza88z

Coach
guys guys.. Taylor and Nikorima were on f**king boatloads of cash, their salaries have entirely freed up our cap

sorry, just taking the Roosters approach

MrAnonymous

Bench
That has been the Brisbane approach for years. Like how they paid Lockyer min wage his whole career.

Just a putrid maggot dog merkin club.

Edwahu

Bench
guys guys.. Taylor and Nikorima were on f**king boatloads of cash, their salaries have entirely freed up our cap

sorry, just taking the Roosters approach

Don't forget you still have that Paul Hauff money left over as well.

Stranga

Juniors
Glenn Stewart to anywhere but the Rabbitohs

Massive surprise that one of the most over rated players in the history of rugby league isn't wanted after one pathetic season.

:roll:

Perhaps he can go back to woManly, they need a replacement for Mason.

:lol:

Far Canal

Juniors
Yeah - player way past his best. Manly were smart enough not to pay overs for him.

I think he has had a poor season - injuries and a lack of consistency has meant he has had little impact on games has paid.

Kiwi

First Grade
Parker to super league

Really? Strange one, I wonder if the money on offer would be to good to refuse. I would hate to lose him, but we certainly don't have a shortage of back row talent. Without Parker we still have Glenn, Thaiday and Gillett, plus Oates and some very good youngsters. Maybe Bennett is looking to promote Arrow. Time will tell if this is true, would hate to see him go, but would wish him all the best if he chooses to.

Status
Not open for further replies.