What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkC

Juniors
Should Newcastle make a play for Farah?

Not sure, they have some good young hookers.

With the Tigers playing most of his salary, Farah seems like good value.

But many clubs have good young hookers, they might be reluctant to drop them for Farah who may only have 1-2 years left.

So it is hard to see where he will end up, be may end up being signed mid-season when a club has an injury.

On this day he still has plenty to offer.

In lots of ways he is a good fit for the Tigers as a lot of their team is young, but again they want to give a young guy a run at hooker.

RWB

Bench
Should Newcastle make a play for Farah?

At club level I think he's shown he can be one of the most valuable players in the game, he's never been able to transfer that same kind of attacking dominance to rep level but there's been times where he's hands down been the best player in the game at club level. We saw a little of that last week.

I think a fresh start somewhere has the potential to do him the world of good and I think he's worth every penny of the 900k he's currently on if he can return to his peak especially with the games push for faster and faster rucks.

Would be a great pickup for the Knights IMO.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Wobblie destabilises his own club where he's been all his career, won a premiership and is supposedly is a dyed-in-the-wool Tigers man. What would he do at a club he doesn't care about? Newcastle would be an awful fit. A run of bad results and Wobblie would be either begging to get out or just lie down and give up.

MarkC

Juniors
I think a fresh start somewhere has the potential to do him the world of good and I think he's worth every penny of the 900k he's currently on if he can return to his peak especially with the games push for faster and faster rucks.

You also have to consider that the Tigers may end up picking up a large chunk of that so we may only cost his new club around 200K.

I'm a Dogs fan we already have 2 good hookers, but I would almost consider signing him as a 1/2 back or back rower.

The main complaint about him is he gets a bit moody and negative when the team loses, that can be a drag but it shows a competitive attitude.

Given a fresh start with a strong coach, he will probably be gratefully for the opportunity.

Yes, he may have been a problem at the Tigers, Willy Mason was also a problem at the Dogs, but that did not stop him making a contribution when he played elsewhere.

Having said that, Willy probably wasn't and idea role model for some of the young guys at the Roosters.

perverse

Referee
What were his dramas at the Cowboy's, Knights and Manly?

Serious question.
There were good reasons why the Knights moved him on, despite him wanting to stay. Probably wasn't at the Cowboys long enough, but I'll bet you they moved him on for similar reasons. The bloke hasn't changed, still loves to party. Can loosen the mood in a playing group, can also distract them.

I'll grant you that he's learned how to keep out of the limelight over the years.

I'm just glad he's not living with Jarrod Mullen anymore... although the damage is already done... Mullen is in very tight with the Masons now.

Last edited:

Stranga

Juniors
There were good reasons why the Knights moved him on, despite him wanting to stay. Probably wasn't at the Cowboys long enough, but I'll bet you they moved him on for similar reasons. The bloke hasn't changed, still loves to party. Can loosen the mood in a playing group, can also distract them.

I'll grant you that he's learned how to keep out of the limelight over the years.

I'm just glad he's not living with Jarrod Mullen anymore... although the damage is already done... Mullen is in very tight with the Masons now.

Sniff Sniff.

I wonder how many youngsters he's corrupted at Manly.

'Good signing' :lol:

No. Bad influence, as I said almost a year ago now.

:cool:

Dogs Of War

Coach
What were his dramas at the Cowboy's, Knights and Manly?

Serious question.

If you ever watch training you will notice that its always the group around mason that starts stuffing around. Its good to have a character around Tue club but at the same time at training he needs to be leading by example.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Sniff Sniff.

I wonder how many youngsters he's corrupted at Manly.

'Good signing' :lol:

No. Bad influence, as I said almost a year ago now.

:lol:

Like you have the first clue what Mason is or isn't doing you dropkick.

If you think "sniff sniff" is the definition of being a bad influence then quite a few of your mob have been and are bad influences.

Hypocrite.

Stranga

Juniors

Like you have the first clue what Mason is or isn't doing you dropkick.

If you think "sniff sniff" is the definition of being a bad influence then quite a few of your mob have been and are bad influences.

Hypocrite.

Clueless mother f**ker.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tim Grant to Manly or Tigers

Wow, where'd you hear this?

Aren't Souths happy with him?

Do you reckon it's most likely BS?

Who would we sign to replace him?

Are we freeing money for Sam to come back?

Sorry mate for all the questions but I'd appreciate a reply. Cheers.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Wow, where'd you hear this?

Aren't Souths happy with him?

Do you reckon it's most likely BS?

Who would we sign to replace him?

Are we freeing money for Sam to come back?

Sorry mate for all the questions but I'd appreciate a reply. Cheers.

Please don't be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts