What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
Shaun Berrigan went from the Centres to Hooker, Played Tests in the former, won a Clive Churchill in the latter. Think he played in the halves before the centres though.

That is a pretty good example right there. I even think he currently fits in and plays both positions for the Raiders when needed.

MetroGnome

Juniors
Enjoying some members' input here and memory of players' past regarding positions played.Impressive.
I guess not all bloggers are teenagers! Man you get sick of teenage bloggers!

:BDH:​

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Seriously Casper in the history of the game has there ever been a situation where an established first grade centre was turned into a hooker? Maybe a half or a secondrower even a prop with Ruben Wiki but a hooker? I can't think of one.

Chris caruanna - think he played in the backs then hooker
John Morris - played winger in a semi final
Robbie McCormack - I think he started as a back

But yeah no real established centres apart from Shaun

Chipmunk

Coach
Chris caruanna - think he played in the backs then hooker
John Morris - played winger in a semi final
Robbie McCormack - I think he started as a back

But yeah no real established centres apart from Shaun

Although John Morris started his career on the wing I think he was a genuine half in reality that was put on the wing as they had too many good players in the halves.

Did Robbie McCormack play for the Knights?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think JT is right Berrigan did start as a half before he moved at centre...

Did Lance Hohia play hooker?

Parraren

Bench
A lot can change with contracted players when a coach gets sacked.

I'm sure we'd be watching the Dragons, Cowboys & Broncos situation with some interest.

We've obviously made some enquiries at the Tigers along those lines.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think JT is right Berrigan did start as a half before he moved at centre...

Did Lance Hohia play hooker?

Yes, Berrigan had a grounding in the halves in his junior years.

Not sure if Lance ever wore the number 9 but I have definitely watched games where he has played at dummy half for periods of the game.

Question - Do people think there is a more versatile player than Lance Hohaia? I can't think of too many players that have played more positions on the field.

Chipmunk

Coach
Yes, Berrigan had a grounding in the halves in his junior years.

Not sure if Lance ever wore the number 9 but I have definitely watched games where he has played at dummy half for periods of the game.

Question - Do people think there is a more versatile player than Lance Hohaia? I can't think of too many players that have played more positions on the field.

Berrigan is fairly similar. There has been others over the years that have played alot of positions

Status
Not open for further replies.