What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
Harrison hadn't even played nrl for parra when he was told he wasn't wanted and the games he put in for parra when given opportunity showed his ability as a solid team player.Just because your not the player that attracts attention through the game doesn't mean you haven't got value for a team. Don't forget he came out of one of the best defensive structured teams to our rabble in Defense.I would like to see him given opportunity under a different coach

Yeah the situation was a strange one. Obviously there was something that Sticky wasnt a fan of. I too think he deserves another opportunity under a different coach.

Forty20

First Grade
Hindy111 has thrown out a few speculators in our various rumoured signings threads over the last few seasons.

I don't think he has ever been on the money.

Sharpie said in one of the articles posted today that the 12 are gone. No players will have that decision reversed. The only ones who might stay are those who have been unable to get another club take over their 2014 Eels deal.

Which means that the 12 are not gone. Those unable to get another club to take over an existing deal can simply stay....there's no might about it...the complication being retirement

natheel

Coach
Junior is on ivan and goulds radar.They are in talks now and deal could be struck soon.Id be suprised if he isnt wearing a panthers jersey next year...
Lol its al ending in tears.
Hoppa will wear the blue and white jersey and join hasler management see parra as a risk.

Isn't Locke going to dogs? Hoppa won't go. No club would want to pick him up for that money

Chipmunk

Coach
Isn't Locke going to dogs? Hoppa won't go. No club would want to pick him up for that money

The bloke has been earning $200 per week for 2 years, who says they would have to come up with anything near the same sort of money?

eel01s

Bench
Yeah the situation was a strange one. Obviously there was something that Sticky wasnt a fan of. I too think he deserves another opportunity under a different coach.

I thought Harrison, whist no world beater, went OK. Just don't play him at centre LOL.

jimmy77au

Juniors
The bloke has been earning $200 per week for 2 years, who says they would have to come up with anything near the same sort of money?

Cause while im sure he's Living on $200 per week, i'm sure the contract that binds him to Parramatta for 2 years while on his mission - along with his Bank Balance - would tell a very different picture.

There would have to be a retainer of some sort to keep him contracted to the Eels while he was away - i'm sure this has been brought up before - otherwise - what really binds him to remain loyal to the Eels? His contract while away would include clauses about keeping fit etc - hence why the club has been sending Mescia regularly to check on his fitness levels, provide training regimes etc - the club wouldn't be providing those services for nothing.

TheRam

Coach
I just hope that when the new NRL license renewals are due, we are given an ultimatum by the ARLC, to restructure our clubs board into some type of executive entity or else no license. End of story.

I can't take much more of this. I love the Eels and always will, but I would rather they get kicked out like the Bears did then keep praying and living in false hope like I have been for nearly 30 years.

I(we) deserve a lot, lot better for all our efforts, money, sacrifices and in particular all the emotional investment that we pour into this magnificent club, then to watch a bunch of clowns bicker over who has the biggest pr*k in town.

I'm just so over mediocrity, and how it always takes the results out of the hands of the talented and the hard working while delivering nothing but bitter failure and deeply felt disappointment to everyone else who truly cares.

I hate feeling like this and keep thinking that, well what do you do to a horse with a broken leg? Maybe we are getting very close to putting our favorite blue & gold horse out of its retched misery. I hate even saying that, but I can't put up with this much longer. I want my life back. This is not fun. The club has cancer and it is very near terminal and it seems all the good doctors have forsaken us entirely.

And what this club and these arses have done to the career of J Hayne, the most gifted player I've ever seen, is just criminal. Just absolutely criminal!!!

Gronk

Staff member
I can't take much more of this. I love the Eels and always will, but I would rather they get kicked out like the Bears did then keep praying and living in false hope like I have been for nearly 30 years.

HmmmmOK. :roll:

pedge

Juniors
I just hope that when the new NRL license renewals are due, we are given an ultimatum by the ARLC, to restructure our clubs board into some type of executive entity or else no license. End of story.

I(we) deserve a lot, lot better for all our efforts, money, sacrifices and in particular all the emotional investment that we pour into this magnificent club, then to watch a bunch of clowns bicker over who has the biggest pr*k in town.

I'm just so over mediocrity, and how it always takes the results out of the hands of the talented and the hard working while delivering nothing but bitter failure and deeply felt disappointment to everyone else who truly cares.

I hate feeling like this and keep thinking that, well what do you do to a horse with a broken leg? Maybe we are getting very close to putting our favorite blue & gold horse out of its retched misery. I hate even saying that, but I can't put up with this much longer. I want my life back. This is not fun. The club has cancer and it is very near terminal and it seems all the good doctors have forsaken us entirely.

And what this club and these arses have done to the career of J Hayne, the most gifted player I've ever seen, is just criminal. Just absolutely criminal!!!

Unforuntunately I could not agree more...either we get our shit together or we deserve to die...rather than, then watch mediocrity for the next 10 seasons

Chipmunk

Coach
Cause while im sure he's Living on $200 per week, i'm sure the contract that binds him to Parramatta for 2 years while on his mission - along with his Bank Balance - would tell a very different picture.

There would have to be a retainer of some sort to keep him contracted to the Eels while he was away - i'm sure this has been brought up before - otherwise - what really binds him to remain loyal to the Eels? His contract while away would include clauses about keeping fit etc - hence why the club has been sending Mescia regularly to check on his fitness levels, provide training regimes etc - the club wouldn't be providing those services for nothing.

Im not sure that this still doesnt mean from the point of my original post is that he wouldnt neccesarily want or need $850k a year to play under Des at the Bulldogs. I mean if they offered him $425k to play under Des would he knock it back?

Eels Dude

Coach

With the exception of the second paragraph I agree with this. It's really a shame to see what our great club has become and sadly I'm at a stage now where I don't see any kind of light at the end of the tunnel. Not even a faint glimpse.

Suitman

Post Whore

Good post Ram. I agree.
I'm so over the Eels.
At least I now have a summer time alternative that allows me to yell and scream at Parramatta Stadium.
Season ticket number now up to 15402. Season kick off still 5 weeks away. At an average of $200, that's a cool $3 million in the bank already for the Wanderers.

Suity

hindy111

Post Whore
Hoppas a rumour.Wouldnt surprise. Paulo im pretty sure is fact that gould has made contact and wants to sign.So up to him if wants to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts