What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

St Helens five eighth is in negotiations with two NRL clubs for 2020. He is off contract with Super League high flyers St Helens at the end of this season.The question is will the interested NRL clubs offer him more money and security than he now has at Super League topping St Helens (where former Roosters assistant coach Justin Holbrook is now head coach).

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/f6bb8a485bc817a12f66a725fc8b5cf0

adamkungl

Immortal
Rate him in SL but I doubt he can cut it in the NRL.

He'd be the smallest player in the comp, by some margin. Successful little blokes are few and far between post-2000. Luke Keary has 10cm and 4kg on him according to Wikipedia stats.

He'd likely be signed by a currently low lying club willing to roll the dice. Like we saw with Tomkins, this isn't an environment to thrive. The chance of a big turnaround is slim and he'll shoulder more than his fair share of blame for losses.

The biggest question - does Theo Fages have what it takes to step up? Does his presence on the field make an average team better? From what I've seen the answers are no and no. I'm not looking at how he plays in a table topping St Helens side or in a French side flogging Scotland. I'm looking at whether he steps up for France in World Cup games or England tests. And I don't see it. I think he's France's best player, but I don't think that's good enough for the NRL at the moment.

I don't think he'll play NRL, but if he does i'd predict a handful of games early in the season then spending most of his time in reserves.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
I thought SBW had an agreement with Uncle Nick...?

Having said that, it would be crazy for the Chooks to sign SBW for one year. They are set-up to be successful for a long time, and don't need to force players out just to have an old SBW for one year.