What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Colk

First Grade
Cobbo will be a gun fullback. Why bother with Reece Walsh. He won’t be half as good. Still idiots running the broncos.

I watched cobbo last year playing fullback for Wynumn. He was a stand out.

Not just that but again the Dolphins miss out. To be honest I’d much prefer he stay at the Warriors because they need all quality they can get. As a Raiders fan and not to begrudge CNK because he was good for us for a time but losing Walsh and getting CNK is a bad return for them

lynx000

Juniors
Cobbo will be a gun fullback. Why bother with Reece Walsh. He won’t be half as good. Still idiots running the broncos.

Cobbo is all at sea in defence at fullback and can't organise the defence. He needs to develop further for a couple of years. When he is ready he goes to fullback and Walsh goes to 5/8, Mam at halfback after Reynolds is done.

nick87

Coach
Love CNK but both parties needed to move on. Happy he gets to be back with his kids after doing it hard for the last couple of years.

Yeah he's been a very likeable raider. This is the best result for all
The raiders need to move on to different style of fullback and the warriors get a really solid player and excellent club man and he gets to be closer to his boys.

Wish him all the best. One of the good guys in RL.

Leber

Bench
1 CNK
6 Walsh

Would be good. But if Walsh does leave, I'll be pissed because it's totally the opposite of what he has been saying this whole time.

“I’m going to New Zealand next year. My manager and I haven’t even discussed other options because we’ve always known that is the case,” Walsh told Fox Sports."....

Still think the dude will turn out to be a Kevin Locke 2.0 though.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Cobbo is all at sea in defence at fullback and can't organise the defence. He needs to develop further for a couple of years. When he is ready he goes to fullback and Walsh goes to 5/8, Mam at halfback after Reynolds is done.
Believe what you want to believe. Saw heaps of him last year. One off-season with the right mentor he will be fine. Damn if averillo can’t do it mid season and look great. A player with twice the talent will do it even easier given his previous experience.

Colk

First Grade
1 CNK
6 Walsh

Would be good. But if Walsh does leave, I'll be pissed because it's totally the opposite of what he has been saying this whole time. Still think the dude with turn out to be a Kevin Locke 2.0 though.

You don’t want CNK as your fullback. If Walsh were to leave and that would absolutely suck for you guys, I would go with Luke Metcalf as your fullback

blaza88z

Coach

He will be but it won’t be for a while, Selwyn’s got a very introverted personality and needs to step out of his comfort zone if he wants to be an elite fullback in the NRL. He’s got a bit of a way to go yet, I know how good he was for Wynnum as it’s my local club

Colk

First Grade
Btw I would play CNK at centre. The Warriors are probably short of centres anyway and his relative lack of pace and playmaking ability will be less of an issue than at fullback

gerg

Juniors
1 CNK
6 Walsh

Would be good. But if Walsh does leave, I'll be pissed because it's totally the opposite of what he has been saying this whole time.

“I’m going to New Zealand next year. My manager and I haven’t even discussed other options because we’ve always known that is the case,” Walsh told Fox Sports."....

Still think the dude will turn out to be a Kevin Locke 2.0 though.

I think CNK is a better fit in the centres these days - you blokes got any young fullbacks coming through?

nick87

Coach
He'll play fullback for the warriors because they dont have one, but agree with others... his style of fullback is really tough to win with in today's football. He'd be an excellent centre imo.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

8f1i.gif

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
He'll play fullback for the warriors because they dont have one, but agree with others... his style of fullback is really tough to win with in today's football. He'd be an excellent centre imo.
CNK is exactly what they need. Defence heavy, starchy spine player that can lift everyone else. Warriors always have strike across the field. Charnze doesn't need to be the weapon for them.

some11

Referee
Well if that’s true that is collusion. Market distortion. Especially if the dolphins are offering more which I suspect they are.

it’s buzz though. Probably Just made up a load of crap.
The Broncos had an agreement when they let Walsh go in the first place.

They didn't let him go out of the goodness of their hearts.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Wouldn't shock me if the Warriors also pick up TMM who wants to actually be in NZ.

Also gaining Metcalf who could potentially play 1 or 6.

CNK provides cover for letting Walsh go, but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't FB when it's all said and done.

Canard

Immortal
Well if that’s true that is collusion. Market distortion. Especially if the dolphins are offering more which I suspect they are.

it’s buzz though. Probably Just made up a load of crap.

He is contracted to the Warriors though, so both parties can agree the terms of the release.

blaza88z

Coach
Wouldn't shock me if the Warriors also pick up TMM who wants to actually be in NZ.

To me that's the logical swap, we need a fullback and the Warriors probably need an experienced half who is playing well, SJ is a bit below his best and has been all season. TMM probably ends up being a depth player if Walsh comes back to Brisbane, Ezra Mam looks like he could be anything.

Then there's also Jesse Arthars (who is still contracted to Brisbane as of next year). It's clear why the Warriors wanted to do business with Brisbane, we can offer them a few different things (Arthars, TMM, Haas potentially). Then again, maybe something went down with the Dolphins and they weren't prepared to do them any favours, over the years Brisbane have released a few to NZ mid-season without really getting anything in return.

I still maintain the worst business we did in our period of being hot garbage was releasing Walsh and getting literally nothing out of it. He's on record as saying he grew up loving the club and if you look all over his instagram he's got photos up with his old Brisbane mates, he's the one that got away that never really should have got away.