What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

MugaB

Coach
He's on record as saying he grew up loving the club
He gone on the record a lot lately, especially last may when he said he wouldn't ditch the warriors, or that he was ready to play/live in NZ... its ok tho, most of all the aussie recruits have ditched the warriors now or will soon, alls good covids basically past us now, lodge can fk off with pay, Euan Aiken headn to "THE" fins, and even the coach brown sacked himself...
brownstuff.jpg

Fk me if was a warriors fan....
I feel for Harris Tavita Jr tho, he played a blinder last weekend end at fullback, within two days CNK is been rumoured to port over FMD...

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
He gone on the record a lot lately, especially last may when he said he wouldn't ditch the warriors, or that he was ready to play/live in NZ... its ok tho, most of all the aussie recruits have ditched the warriors now or will soon, alls good covids basically past us now, lodge can fk off with pay, Euan Aiken headn to "THE" fins, and even the coach brown sacked himself...
View attachment 63377

I feel for Harris Tavita Jr tho, he played a blinder last weekend end at fullback, within two days CNK is been rumoured to port over FMD...

Didn't he announce he is retiring or something?

It won't bother him one bit

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
To me that's the logical swap, we need a fullback and the Warriors probably need an experienced half who is playing well, SJ is a bit below his best and has been all season. TMM probably ends up being a depth player if Walsh comes back to Brisbane, Ezra Mam looks like he could be anything.

Then there's also Jesse Arthars (who is still contracted to Brisbane as of next year). It's clear why the Warriors wanted to do business with Brisbane, we can offer them a few different things (Arthars, TMM, Haas potentially). Then again, maybe something went down with the Dolphins and they weren't prepared to do them any favours, over the years Brisbane have released a few to NZ mid-season without really getting anything in return.

I still maintain the worst business we did in our period of being hot garbage was releasing Walsh and getting literally nothing out of it. He's on record as saying he grew up loving the club and if you look all over his instagram he's got photos up with his old Brisbane mates, he's the one that got away that never really should have got away.

He's a good pick up for the Broncos but at the same time not a great loss for the Warriors.

He was never staying beyond his contract and still too green to be the player the Warriors need.

Happy to take TMM and CNK in exchange for losing Walsh. Two experienced players in their mid twenties offer more to the Warriors than one 19 year old even if he does have a much higher ceiling.

blaza88z

Coach
He's a good pick up for the Broncos but at the same time not a great loss for the Warriors.

He was never staying beyond his contract and still too green to be the player the Warriors need.

Happy to take TMM and CNK in exchange for losing Walsh. Two experienced players in their mid twenties offer more to the Warriors than one 19 year old even if he does have a much higher ceiling.

Foxsports is saying TMM is the one and that makes the most sense from a Brisbane perspective, he's ideally a 5/8 and we've got some decent options there now with the emergence of Ezra Mam

The only thing I would struggle to understand from a Warriors perspective is that TMM is actually off-contract at the end of the season so is that really a transfer? They could probably just sign him, if they wanted to. It's only a swap if it happens this season, otherwise it's simply going to be the Broncos management negotiating a sweet deal, that's all I can come up with

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Foxsports is saying TMM is the one and that makes the most sense from a Brisbane perspective, he's ideally a 5/8 and we've got some decent options there now with the emergence of Ezra Mam

The only thing I would struggle to understand from a Warriors perspective is that TMM is actually off-contract at the end of the season so is that really a transfer? They could probably just sign him, if they wanted to. It's only a swap if it happens this season, otherwise it's simply going to be the Broncos management negotiating a sweet deal, that's all I can come up with

Warriors management is dumb as a bag of bricks.

If they were smart they'd sign TMM for next year, already got CNK and try to keep Arthars who is due back at the Broncs next year.

CNK, TMM, Arthars is a decent haul for a kid who was leaving after 2023 anyway.

Warriors going to Warriors though.

Leber

Bench
Clearing Walsh means we will have the money for Arthars, TMM and Paas.

Oh wait, we aren't the Roosters.

Well if that’s true that is collusion. Market distortion. Especially if the dolphins are offering more which I suspect they are.

it’s buzz though. Probably Just made up a load of crap.

Considering Walsh was under contract to the Warriors until (iirc) the end of 2024, the Warriors had the whip hand on whether they would even grant him a release to sign for any other club. As such the Warriors had every right to say which club they would (or would not) give him a release to sign for. Legally and ethically, the Warriors have not done anything wrong in this regard. If anything besed on what has been said in public, you could make a prima facie case for the Dolphins trying to entice a player to break his contract.

Tiger5150

Bench
View attachment 63377

Could always be worse, they could be Tigers fans. At least there seems to be a spirit in the club/team and even at the worst of times they can fall back onto a Kiwi/Maori/Poly culture to bind them. Once they get settled again with a new coach, I can only see bright days ahead for the Warriors. Genuinely think Madge might have been a good fit for them, or stick to Stacey?

Colk

First Grade
CNK is exactly what they need. Defence heavy, starchy spine player that can lift everyone else. Warriors always have strike across the field. Charnze doesn't need to be the weapon for them.

Really? What strike players do they have? CNK has been very poor for the Raiders this year - the game has moved past that style of fullback

Colk

First Grade
To me that's the logical swap, we need a fullback and the Warriors probably need an experienced half who is playing well, SJ is a bit below his best and has been all season. TMM probably ends up being a depth player if Walsh comes back to Brisbane, Ezra Mam looks like he could be anything.

Then there's also Jesse Arthars (who is still contracted to Brisbane as of next year). It's clear why the Warriors wanted to do business with Brisbane, we can offer them a few different things (Arthars, TMM, Haas potentially). Then again, maybe something went down with the Dolphins and they weren't prepared to do them any favours, over the years Brisbane have released a few to NZ mid-season without really getting anything in return.

I still maintain the worst business we did in our period of being hot garbage was releasing Walsh and getting literally nothing out of it. He's on record as saying he grew up loving the club and if you look all over his instagram he's got photos up with his old Brisbane mates, he's the one that got away that never really should have got away.

What are you going to do with Ezra Mam? If I were the Warriors or the Dolphins I’d be hunting him

Colk

First Grade

Won’t you already have a squad full of blokes like CNK or TMM (AFB the exception) - blokes who either try hard but who are average or who are past it, or conversely blokes like Volkman or Metcalf who are completely unproven.

I look at the rest of the competition and barring the Dolphins and the Warriors, every other team next year has at least one or two players who can create points. I just don’t see where your points are coming from next year - I hope I’m wrong because I want to see the Warriors do well for their supporters and for the benefit of the game over there.

Colk

First Grade
Could always be worse, they could be Tigers fans. At least there seems to be a spirit in the club/team and even at the worst of times they can fall back onto a Kiwi/Maori/Poly culture to bind them. Once they get settled again with a new coach, I can only see bright days ahead for the Warriors. Genuinely think Madge might have been a good fit for them, or stick to Stacey?

I hope you’re right about the Warriors

Tony Seibs

Juniors
Once they get settled again with a new coach, I can only see bright days ahead for the Warriors.
Really? They have had 14 coaches in 27 years, if you remove the interims who had less than 10 games in charge that's still an average of a new coach every two and a bit seasons.

MugaB

Coach
Won’t you already have a squad full of blokes like CNK or TMM (AFB the exception) - blokes who either try hard but who are average or who are past it, or conversely blokes like Volkman or Metcalf who are completely unproven.

I look at the rest of the competition and barring the Dolphins and the Warriors, every other team next year has at least one or two players who can create points. I just don’t see where your points are coming from next year - I hope I’m wrong because I want to see the Warriors do well for their supporters and for the benefit of the game over there.
All they need is to get DWZ to learn to catch a ball from 5 metres from the tryline, and they probably win most of their close matches, they have bombed so many tries this year, nothing wrong with the attack theyve dished out, or the effort in their enormous fwd pack, big bad Bunty Afoa has been tremendous this season, and metres from their fwd pack and back3 has never been an issue, defence could be better, but they are as flighty as souths, but just lack the polish in nailing those close to the line tries. Even without Walsh they are a good side, just lack that polish

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

You're not wrong. We're going to struggle the next couple of years, there's no avoiding that. What's important though is to try and raise the floor of this team to the point where they're atleast competitive every week.

An erratic youngster like Walsh vs two reliable pros is fine by me (assuming we get TMM) in the short term.

If you look at the Warriors two periods of success 2001-2003 and 2007-2011 what you'll see is a squad largely made up of hard-working Aussies (most who were rejects or had circumstances that landed them with us) and local juniors with X-factor.

Warriors aren't doing anything until they can get home, fix their junior pathways and develop players. No player who could make a difference and provide what they need is coming to us because those players have options elsewhere.

If Walsh were 23-25 it would be a massive blow because I believe he will become a top FB, but he was never staying with us beyond his contract anyway. 2023 Walsh was not going to be the answer.

Colk

First Grade
He's our future halfback, re-signed last year until the end of 2024

Sure but is he going to wait around on the fringes for two years if Walsh Is playing in the halves? The kid is very good and clubs like the Dolphins, Warriors and a few others need halves.

Colk

First Grade
You're not wrong. We're going to struggle the next couple of years, there's no avoiding that. What's important though is to try and raise the floor of this team to the point where they're atleast competitive every week.

An erratic youngster like Walsh vs two reliable pros is fine by me (assuming we get TMM) in the short term.

If you look at the Warriors two periods of success 2001-2003 and 2007-2011 what you'll see is a squad largely made up of hard-working Aussies (most who were rejects or had circumstances that landed them with us) and local juniors with X-factor.

Warriors aren't doing anything until they can get home, fix their junior pathways and develop players. No player who could make a difference and provide what they need is coming to us because those players have options elsewhere.

If Walsh were 23-25 it would be a massive blow because I believe he will become a top FB, but he was never staying with us beyond his contract anyway. 2023 Walsh was not going to be the answer.

Your club has been incredibly impacted by COVID; much more than other current club of course and in terms of the history of this competition, those circumstances has probably been the greatest obstacle to overcome by any (no juniors and players playing and living in a different country for three years)

Hopefully, the ARLC realises the sacrifices your club has made and actually gives you assistance because due to those sacrifices you are behind the eight ball. That could be salary cap dispensation, more home games in NZ (although that might be hard to do), direct funding et al.

MugaB

Coach
Your club has been incredibly impacted by COVID; much more than other current club of course and in terms of the history of this competition, those circumstances has probably been the greatest obstacle to overcome by any (no juniors and players playing and living in a different country for three years)

Hopefully, the ARLC realises the sacrifices your club has made and actually gives you assistance because due to those sacrifices you are behind the eight ball. That could be salary cap dispensation, more home games in NZ (although that might be hard to do), direct funding et al.
I hope the ARLC, fork out and pay each club to give up a home game and play the warriors in NZ, giving them that leg up in all home games, even if they aren't exactly in Auckland, travelling NZ is far better than travelling OS...
As far as salary cap dispensation, whatever they offer will never be enough nor will it be fair to the rest of the comp (as it will unbalance the competition) one thing that can be done that every club would love, is a salary cap dispensation for any 2 local rival code pick up, so if youre the roosters for example or any sydney club, you can sign any 2 RU players in sydney, without it putting on the cap, canberra can sign any 2 Brumbies player, Melbourne can sign any 2 AFL/RU players, and most importantly Warriors can any 2 RU players in all of NZ, something like that would be acceptable and help raid rival codes, to strengthen ours