What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

gerg

Juniors
Hahahaha... the Salary cap is awesome isn't it. But TBF the roosters had a little left over from Salvatori's retirement.

Someone2

Juniors
But why would Dom leave ? The knights have signed his 2 best friends from England ( at least thats what knight fans have been saying )

nick87

Coach
Most loyal fan base in the game.

There’s a bunch of clubs that would fold before us.

Every single fan base says the same thing… I’m always curious, on what metrics do you say the knights fan base are any more or less loyal than others?

i’d say every club has a very hard core rusted on loyal fan base who will keep showing up regardless of results or even hope… I’ve seen nothing to show that group is any higher in numbers or % for the knights as it is any club that has been around long enough to sink their hooks into fans.

“Most loyal/best fans in the game” claim always makes me laugh
Except when used by Raiders fans as it is widely accepted and acknowledged RL canon that the Raiders are the best and most loyal fans because of… reasons!

macavity

Referee
Every single fan base says the same thing… I’m always curious, on what metrics do you say the knights fan base are any more or less loyal than others?

i’d say every club has a very hard core rusted on loyal fan base who will keep showing up regardless of results or even hope… I’ve seen nothing to show that group is any higher in numbers or % for the knights as it is any club that has been around long enough to sink their hooks into fans.

“Most loyal/best fans in the game” claim always makes me laugh
Except when used by Raiders fans as it is widely accepted and acknowledged RL canon that the Raiders are the best and most loyal fans because of… reasons!

absolute husk of a club that sucks every year - even in the very rare occasion we make the finals we still suck - and we still draw big crowds. No other club can claim that.

On topic, that salary cap at work.

nick87

Coach
The 2022 Knights average crowd (16,890) was basically at an NRL average (17,105) when they came 14th
The 2021 Broncos average crowd (21,444) was significantly above the NRL average (13,210) when they came 14th

Even accounting for the COVID protocols impacting the NRL average in 2021, we can be really unfair and just say the real NRL average that year would have been 20k and i literally looked up the first alphabetical team (Brisbane) and compared the last 2 seasons and already found a fan base more "loyal" based on crowds attendance.

Apey

Staff member
The 2022 Knights average crowd (16,890) was basically at an NRL average (17,105) when they came 14th
The 2021 Broncos average crowd (21,444) was significantly above the NRL average (13,210) when they came 14th

Even accounting for the COVID protocols impacting the NRL average in 2021, we can be really unfair and just say the real NRL average that year would have been 20k and i literally looked up the first alphabetical team (Brisbane) and compared the last 2 seasons and already found a fan base more "loyal" based on crowds attendance.
I know you're just having a laugh but the Broncos haven't sucked for literally 90% of their existence. Quite the opposite, actually.

nick87

Coach
I know you're just having a laugh but the Broncos haven't sucked for literally 90% of their existence. Quite the opposite, actually.

Eh, im only having about 20% of a laugh.
If thinking your fan base is the most loyal in the game/country/world/galaxy helps you sleep at night and deal with the disappointment of losing a guy who's been at your club for exactly 3 years, and frankly is a bit over-rated at this point of his career (though the talent is obviously undeniable and you'd have to think at a club like the roosters and with a coach like Robinson he'll thrive), all power to you

However the rusted-on, hardcore knights fans brand of stupidity loyalty isn't special or unique. It's in fact just the norm for professional sports teams to have that core group of idiots who'll show up regardless or record or hope

yobbo84

First Grade
I reckon Keary gets the shoulder tap, retires early, and Manu moves to 6.

It's the only way they can justifiably afford Young.

mozza91

Coach

The first alphabetical team who just happen to have the the highest crowd average every season. Funny that.

I know you hate Newcastle for whatever reason but we won’t be folding any time soon.

Someone2

Juniors
Just before Christmas the media where going on about how Parra were going to lose both their halves
Moses - Tigers and Brown to the dolphins

and saying there was absolutely no chance in the world Parra could keep both

this is what loyalty looks like