What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

The actual players wages under the new cap increased by 2.3 million or so ( 9.118m (2022) to 11.450m (2023) ).

The Roosters have only signed 27 players for 2023 so have available NRL squad spots and cap space.

They get cap relief in 2023 for the last year of Boyd Cordner's Contract and the $200 or $250k long serving players allowance is utilised for JWH Contract in 2023.

In 2024 the long serving players allowance could be used to re-sign Daniel Tupou as he meets the long serving players allowance criteria.

Trouble with people like Tallis is they haven't a clue about how the salary cap works nor what players are actually paid

Roosters gains and losses at end of 2021 for 2022 season

Gains

Connor Watson (Newcastle, 2022)
Renouf Atoni (Canterbury, 2022)
Paul Momirovski (Penrith, 2022)
Kevin Naiqama (St Helens (SL), 2022)

Losses

Jake Friend, Boyd Cordner, Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Dale Copley (retired) Isaac Liu (Gold Coast, 2022) Matt Ikuvalu (Cronulla, 2022).

Roosters gains and losses at end of 2022 for 2023 season

Gains

Brandon Smith (Melbourne)
Jaxson Paulo (South Sydney)
Jake Turpin (Brisbane)
Corey Allan (Canterbury)

Losses

Freddy Lussick, Ronald Volkman (Warriors, during 2022)
Daniel Suluka-Fifita (South Sydney, during 2022)
Lachlan Lam (Leigh, during 2022)
Siosiua Taukeiaho, Adam Keighran (Catalans)
Renouf Atoni (ESL)
Kevin Naiqama (Huddersfield)
Sam Verrills (Gold Coast)

Tuku Hau Tapuha has also been released and signed with the Sharks for the rest of 2023

MKCS

Juniors
Well then we’ve cracked the Roosters method everyone. Roosters players are only ever paid what they first signed for.
Manu is still on a SG Ball contract.
Tedesco is still on the $80k he got to get out of Tigers.
Keary is still on the bus ticket he got out of park footy.

The point I'm moreso making is that we've spent a fair bit of money on upgrading those deals and have had the money to do so because we hadn't signed any big name players in quite a while.

84 Baby

Referee
The point I'm moreso making is that we've spent a fair bit of money on upgrading those deals and have had the money to do so because we hadn't signed any big name players in quite a while.
Except Smith, Suaalii, Crichton, Morrii….

84 Baby

Referee
The Morris' were big names who just about nobody wanted. Suaalii had a reputation but was not a big name as he hadn't even debuted in first grade when he was signed, so get a grip sunshine.
I’ve got a firm grip and I’m waggling it all about. It was a joke about how you unfortunate sods never get to sign any big names.

MKCS

Juniors
Except Smith, Suaalii, Crichton, Morrii….

Suaalii was just a hot prospect, Morris Brothers were pretty much unwanted, Crichton was signed four years ago and wasn't a big star at the time.

Smith is the only one, have you met Gordon Tallis? You both would get along.

84 Baby

Referee
Suaalii was just a hot prospect, Morris Brothers were pretty much unwanted, Crichton was signed four years ago and wasn't a big star at the time.

Smith is the only one, have you met Gordon Tallis? You both would get along.
If anyone knows about sombreros it’s a 90s Broncos player. And a bald one.

MugaB

Coach
It's always fun watching roosters fans scrambling to justify their salary cap and squad. Just accept you blokes are cheating. Embrace it. Everybody who follows the sport can see what's going on.
Geez braith got flustered tonight on nrl360, kenty smirked and sat there quiet, and hoops "the flop" hooper, kept peppering those richardson quotes, this has happened pretty frequently as of late, maybe they need to accept that most RL fans think that they are over, it doesn't help every year when you hear of a struggling club rumoured to go after a certain marquee player, then it all goes quiet, only to find out a few weeks later they are contracted to the bondi based club

Geez braith got flustered tonight on nrl360, kenty smirked and sat there quiet, and hoops "the flop" hooper, kept peppering those richardson quotes, this has happened pretty frequently as of late, maybe they need to accept that most RL fans think that they are over, it doesn't help every year when you hear of a struggling club rumoured to go after a certain marquee player, then it all goes quiet, only to find out a few weeks later they are contracted to the bondi based club
Most fans agree with critical thinker Gorden Tallis. Let that sink in.

MugaB

Coach
Most fans agree with critical thinker Gorden Tallis. Let that sink in.
I agree they do, don't mean their wrong, just uninformed, or tired of seeing the bulk of marqee signings getting hoarded at one or two clubs, i could easily peg broncos into that category too, especially when the dolphins were trying hard to land a few last year.. no need to get butthurt over it, its just become a natural reaction to have fans feeling hard done by... some clubs like the tigers are always crying fowl, when they are unable to land players

I agree they do, don't mean their wrong, just uninformed, or tired of seeing the bulk of marqee signings getting hoarded at one or two clubs, i could easily peg broncos into that category too, especially when the dolphins were trying hard to land a few last year.. no need to get butthurt over it, its just become a natural reaction to have fans feeling hard done by... some clubs like the tigers are always crying fowl, when they are unable to land players
Are we butthurt, though? Can’t speak for all but I always thought it as sport and assume that goes for most on here apart from the odd angry ranter. As for the rest of your post, I agree but some clubs do need to get their house in order. Tigers landed a massive signing in Api on big dollars. I’d bet he regrets going there now and would’ve taken less to go to a better run club. Tigers have their own Politis in Harry Triguboff. Difference being is (despite popular opinion) Nick doesn’t hand out money to the club but runs it whereas Harry just writes cheques. Maybe he should get more involved and turn a shit club and awake the sleeping giant we know it is instead of building ugly apartments. The fans are butthurt at our success.

MugaB

Coach
Are we butthurt, though?
Yes,....yes you and others are... any mention of the famous sombrero, or even a hint, a remark, out comes the justification, pages and posts of who got signed when, those who got medically retired, which player left, came back, all of that nonsense... you all sound like braith did last nite, its a big old joke, and you rorters fans take the bait nearly everytime, becomes worse around the time Souths are about to verse you guys too

Yes,....yes you and others are... any mention of the famous sombrero, or even a hint, a remark, out comes the justification, pages and posts of who got signed when, those who got medically retired, which player left, came back, all of that nonsense... you all sound like braith did last nite, its a big old joke, and you rorters fans take the bait nearly everytime
If we don’t reply, then there’s no banter. What’s the point of living lol