What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Rabbits20

Immortal
Exsilium;11277286;43762 said:
Sam Burgess and Grevsmuhl would have to be the only two players in that pack that opposition teams would actually watch tapes on. I don't want to be "that guy" but that pack is barely tickling the underside of the 8.

You're underestimating George, Tom and Sutto.

Prepare to be shocked mate.

The return of Sam lifts everyone. Clark and Tyrrell will lift too.

That pack is definitely a top 8 side.

Add Roberts to partner Auva'a in the centres and Souths aren't far away from top 4.

You'll be shocked with how Crichton and Musgrove go! They have very good talent.

Exsilium

First Grade
Rabbits20;11277316;44018 said:

Add Roberts to partner Auva'a in the centres and Souths aren't far away from top 4.

You'll be shocked with how Crichton and Musgrove go! They have very good talent.

I know Sam Burgess is good but to lift Tyrrell and Clark to NRL quality would be an extraordinary feat! certainly something I would like to see.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Exsilium;11277325;43762 said:
I know Sam Burgess is good but to lift Tyrrell and Clark to NRL quality would be an extraordinary feat! certainly something I would like to see.

Fair enough.

I respect your opinion.

Tyrrell and Clark are no frills I guess.

The cap forces teams to play fringe first graders though imo.

ram raid

Bench

I can see huge potential for George and Tom. But whether they reach it or not I'm not so sure. George has played some great games but he's not consistent like his brother. I don't think he has the killer instinct like Sam. Nice schlong though.

bottle

Coach
unbreaK;11277176;40841 said:
From what I hear, it looks like the Broncos have already signed Roberts. But there's a 10 day cooling off period where Roberts is allowed time to change his mind. All that's left to decide is whether he wants to stick with his word, or backflip to Souths (Who appear to be clearing some cap space to up their offer substantially)

That story has been doing the rounds for a little while now.
Surely the ten days has elapsed?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Dean Ritchie says Broncos to sign Roberts in the next day or 2. Definitely Brisbane in the box seat.

Apparently Souths aren't happy and Roberts is mucking us around.

Exsilium

First Grade
Rabbits20;11277344;44018 said:
Fair enough.

I respect your opinion.

Tyrrell and Clark are no frills I guess.

The cap forces teams to play fringe first graders though imo QUOTE]

I don't mind an honest player or two in a side.

BranVan3000

Coach
Exsilium;11277286;43762 said:
Sam Burgess and Grevsmuhl would have to be the only two players in that pack that opposition teams would actually watch tapes on. I don't want to be "that guy" but that pack is barely tickling the underside of the 8.

That pack is only a Teo short of the Grand Final team.

BranVan3000

Coach
unbreaK;11277176;40841 said:
From what I hear, it looks like the Broncos have already signed Roberts. But there's a 10 day cooling off period where Roberts is allowed time to change his mind. All that's left to decide is whether he wants to stick with his word, or backflip to Souths (Who appear to be clearing some cap space to up their offer substantially)

Well he met with Souths on Saturday. I don't know if Broncos would be too happy he is still doing the rounds after signing a contract

ram raid

Bench
BranVan3000;11277477;36394 said:
That pack is only a Teo short of the Grand Final team.

Yeah but Teo is not an 'only'. He was murdering it all through the '14 final series. What a brute.

BennyV

Referee
BranVan3000;11277486;36394 said:
Well he met with Souths on Saturday. I don't know if Broncos would be too happy he is still doing the rounds after signing a contract

I doubt he's signed anything with Brisbane since they need to release players to accomodate him; specifically, Copley and Maranta. This means that they need another team (Titans) to pay the full amount of those contracts. Titans may be stuffing them around and refusing to pay that full amount, even if for no other reason than to f**k with the Donkeys.

The real loser in all this is Dale Copley. Was publicly promised Hodges right centre spot in an article where Bennett made such statements as 'Dales time has come' and so forth, now being actively offloaded. I understand why the Donkeys are doing it, but geez I'd be fuming if I was Copley (or any of his close teammates). He's got a big point to prove!

BennyV

Referee

You're having a laugh, yeah?!

George goes well on occasion, will lift now that Sam is back. Tom has potential, yet to come anywhere near it though.

But Sutton is a plank. It's impossible to underestimate him.

Liddell

Juniors
The NRL won't let Roberts sign with the Broncos for anything less than the GC were paying him. They'll make them jump through the same hoops they made Souths and Parra do with Folau, Burgess and Inglis.

Cloud

Juniors
BranVan3000;11277486;36394 said:

Apparently he signed with the Broncos last week and Roberts is using the full 10 day"cooling off period" to get as much money as possible out of the Rabbitohs.

BennyV

Referee
Cloud;11277596;45361 said:
Apparently he signed with the Broncos last week and Roberts is using the full 10 day"cooling off period" to get as much money as possible out of the Rabbitohs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 10 day thing to do with players only going back to their original club? Replaced the old deadline that allowed a player's current club to counter an offer from their new club for the following year, and was put in to combat the DCE saga.

In which case, any 'scoop' that mentions a 10 day cooling off period is a bunch of crap!

unbreaK

Juniors
BennyV;11277614;41884 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 10 day thing to do with players only going back to their original club? Replaced the old deadline that allowed a player's current club to counter an offer from their new club for the following year, and was put in to combat the DCE saga.

In which case, any 'scoop' that mentions a 10 day cooling off period is a bunch of crap!

You're wrong, the day 10 day cooling off period is on all NRL contacts, the only exception is players re-signing with their current club.

Edit: The speculation is that he signed with the Broncos last Sunday, which makes tomorrow the earliest it can be announced. If it's not announced by tomorrow then there's something else going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Last edited:

Latest posts