What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

POPEYE

Coach
Can Greg equal his try scoring with Souths to that at Melbourne is all he should be concerned about, his legs won't allow a repeat in Brisbane

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Spot On;11347902;30435 said:
Same bloke who said Hook had the coaching gig at the Knights.

Same bloke who has had a lot of "scoops" for most to be utter bullshit.

A bit fat niff-nuff who loves the sound of his own voice far too much.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I was surprised to hear Barrett say he doesn't think Walker the long term 5/8 at the club. Are they keeping him there til Lyon/Matai leave and then go after a big name 5/8?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Vic Mackey;11348926;34695 said:
I was surprised to hear Barrett say he doesn't think Walker the long term 5/8 at the club. Are they keeping him there til Lyon/Matai leave and then go after a big name 5/8?

I'd say that's very likely. I always thought it was the plan for Hiku to eventually take over Matai, but new coach, new ideas and all that.

Don't know if they'll go after a big name five-eight or just get a piece to compliment DCE so they can bolster the squad elsewhere, but Walker does look like a temp half.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I thought someone might've already posted this, but Josh Massou said the Roosters are trying to sign Greg Bird for this season. Obviously needs a release from the Titans to be granted, but seems the Roosters are desperate to cover injuries in the forwards.

Charlie124

First Grade
The first right step in a long journey for the Titans would be granting Bird a release and ushering him to the airport as fast as they can. That club needs a massive cleanout and the best place to start is getting rid of the least likeable player they have.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Nice Beaver;11347912;13394 said:
Same bloke who has had a lot of "scoops" for most to be utter bullshit.

A bit fat niff-nuff who loves the sound of his own voice far too much.
Don't forget when he said Green would get the Maroons job ahead of Walters

SaraSassypants

Juniors
elyod138;11352045;9210 said:
Green was offered the job and turned it down.
I'm aware of that. So Broncos offer GI a contract and he turns it down. That's my point. Not really mail unless it's happening

beejay001

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...: dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL

That's pretty cut and dry based on my high school legal studies knowledge. Parra will lose this.

You can't offer a deal, give them the contract, have them sign it, then sit on it for months until you tell them they now have to take less or leave. They made an offer, he accepted it. He stopped shopping himself around based on that.

Parra will take a hit on the cap, and players will be shed.

Delboy

First Grade
You may be right, but the club would have had high level legal advice too. Certainly, Levick is talking up her side of things, I believe she is known to not being shy of publicity

The matter is possibly a civil case , which may be outside the exact tenures of the cap, not sure on that but I would imagine both sides are confident, that's the way these things are.

Impossible for any of us to make a call on the outcome, legals at twenty paces

nick87

Coach
Tapine will be released today and will join Canberra from 2016 onwards
Knights get 80k of cap space and half a bag of Grain Waves for their troubles... LOL