What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Maybe there's not enough brown paper bags left for Roberts after they have all been given to the hotels for hush money.

Could the rumour be ignited again after Qld pubs and clubs brought in strict ID requirements last weekend, with banned patrons easier to find? ;)

Last edited:
Blake Ferguson looking to re-sign with the Roosters. Following is from today's Daily Telegraph -

Blake Ferguson to sign a new Roosters deal in coming weeks
Fatima Kdouh, The Daily Telegraph
July 4, 2017 5:59pm

BLUES winger Blake Ferguson has all but confirmed he’ll be staying at the Roosters after revealing the only roadblock to securing his future were the on-going Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations.

Ferguson is the last piece of the backline puzzle at the tricolours, with Daniel Tupou re-signing, veteran fullback Michael Gordon earning a one-year extension and Shaun Kenny-Dowall linking with the Knights.

The signature of star fullback James Tedesco on a lucrative deal at the Bondi club, only fuelled speculation Ferguson would be squeezed out due to added salary cap pressure.

But the 27 year-old says it is not a matter of if but when he puts pen to paper.

“I’m just waiting to have another meeting [with the Roosters], there’s a fair chance I’ll be staying there,” he said at Blues training camp.

“I’m pretty happy with the deal they’ve shown me on the table and we’re pretty close.

“Obviously I wanted to get it done before the Origin series but it of dragged out because of the CBA negotiations.

“Hopefully we can get it locked in over the next couple of weeks and have it signed, sealed and delivered”.

He also quashed any talk he could be heading to the Knights.

“I’ve never really spoken to Newcastle, if it did happen that I had to move on then I would… that’s rugby league, but for me I just want to focus on playing footy for the Roosters and keep building a very good team that we have there,”he said.

Ferguson was full of praise for teammate and 219 NRL game veteran Gordon, who on Tuesday extended his stay for another year at the foundation club.

“Flash has been one of our best every week. He’s an old fella but he’s got some young legs on him he’s playing some really good footy,”he said.

“It was good to see someone like Michael come to the club and really relish in the role that he’s got.”

Don't be ridiculous Vic. No way SKD was on $3 million.

They got rid of Kane Evans too.

There's your $3 million.

Considering we're losing/lost -

Dale Copley;
Shaun Kenny-Dowall;
Aiden Guerra; and
Kane Evans.

Evans may not have been on big money, but neither Guerra nor SKD would have been on a minimum wage. Add in the year before we lost RTS, Maloney, Jennings and only signed Jayden Nikorima and Dale Copley for that year, then Gordon and Keary for this year, I don't know what your problem is lad.

morley101

Juniors

Dale Copley;
Shaun Kenny-Dowall;
Aiden Guerra; and
Kane Evans.

Evans may not have been on big money, but neither Guerra nor SKD would have been on a minimum wage. Add in the year before we lost RTS, Maloney, Jennings and only signed Jayden Nikorima and Dale Copley for that year, then Gordon and Keary for this year, I don't know what your problem is lad.
Don't forget
Liam Knight
Jackson Hastings
Paul Carter (probably on the 2nd tier)

Last Week

Bench

Dale Copley;
Shaun Kenny-Dowall;
Aiden Guerra; and
Kane Evans.

f**k me. Why not go further back to when you lost Craig Wing.

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Dale Copley;
Shaun Kenny-Dowall;
Aiden Guerra; and
Kane Evans.

Yes. The loss of Copley and Evans was massive.....

RTS was on the contract he signed in 2012 so it was bugger all.

You lost Maloney and Jennings then upgraded some big names, and have continued to do so (ie. Cordner, Mitchell, Napa)

Carry on....lad.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Yes. The loss of Copley and Evans was massive.....

RTS was on the contract he signed in 2012 so it was bugger all.

You lost Maloney and Jennings then upgraded some big names, and have continued to do so (ie. Cordner, Mitchell, Napa)

Carry on....lad.

Apparently the salary cap is also going up..