What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

yobbo84

Coach
Katoa is the one I'd be worried about if I supported the Phins. Wayne's first signing for the Dolphins and Souffs need a 7.
Considering we signed Lewis Dodd for 4 years, that won't happen.

Ilias still on the books until someone else wants him, and Jye Gray is the one I have my eye on long term

soc123_au

Staff member
Considering we signed Lewis Dodd for 4 years, that won't happen.

Ilias still on the books until someone else wants him, and Jye Gray is the one I have my eye on long term
Unless you had Cleary, Hughes or Moses if you had a shout of getting Katoa then you do what you need to do imo. Although I read earlier that he has been locked up at the Phins (not that that means much) and Skeletor has said he wont target anyone they want to keep. Heard that one too (Ciraldo) but in this case I think it carries a bit more weight with the Phins still finding their feet as an NRL club.

shiznit

Coach
Dale retiring potentially free'd up some space and he's already been paid a good chunk of his wage from the Warriors

So maybe
From my understanding that’s not how it works… Finucane stays on the books this year but the Sharks can apply for relief for the cap and if its granted it’s added to next years cap limit.

But having said that AFB might go over for peanuts anyway as the sharks are flying and he might see a chance for a ring.

The bigger issue will be the Warriors won’t want to let him go because he’s a key player and they’ve paid most of his money already so why let a key player who’s actually fit go?

Unless he’s absolutely toxic you’d think they will just ask him to be the highly paid pro that he is…

lol… it’s not like he’s on f**k all money…

Tiger Shark

Bench
From my understanding that’s not how it works… Finucane stays on the books this year but the Sharks can apply for relief for the cap and if its granted it’s added to next years cap limit.

But having said that AFB might go over for peanuts anyway as the sharks are flying and he might see a chance for a ring.

The bigger issue will be the Warriors won’t want to let him go because he’s a key player and they’ve paid most of his money already so why let a key player who’s actually fit go?

Unless he’s absolutely toxic you’d think they will just ask him to be the highly paid pro that he is…

lol… it’s not like he’s on f**k all money…
Interesting that it wouldn't be added to this years cap as you'd assume the club would want to use those funds to replace retiring player this year.

Wb1234

Referee
AFB won’t need big dollars for this year as the nrl year starts in November ? And he’s been paid for most of this years contract

could be as little as 200k or even less

nick87

Coach
Even if he left early June, that's still more or less 40% of his contract owed.
If his contract is 1m as reported at the time, that'll be 400k unless the Warriors pay some freight and i cant imagine why they'd do that

Wb1234

Referee

exodus of super league players to nrl continues

we could have up to 30 decent English players in the nrl or even more

the difference in wages makes Australia a very attractive proposition for most English players

Maximus

Coach
AFB won’t need big dollars for this year as the nrl year starts in November ? And he’s been paid for most of this years contract

could be as little as 200k or even less

So he's on 416k? He still has 5 months of his contract left.