What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Valheru

Coach
I cant help but the Roosters "war chest" is being exploited by player managers right now
Fifita... yeah i can get that, i can see why they'd want to get in on that race.

But the other blokes they've been linked to and now with Townsend? Na i dont buy that. Why would they want him?
I mean Davy Armstrong went from having a deal on the table for the roosters and 2 weeks later was going to the ESL... please. If the roosters really wanted him he wouldnt be going to the ESL once he realised he was behind Sharpe.

Player managers are leveraging this roosters cap space and getting dudes some good scratch.
I could very easily be wrong, maybe they love Townsend and will sign him and pay him good money to be a back up... but i'll need to see them announce the signing before i buy it.
You are right but also wrong

Right on the fact that managers are taking the piss and linking every single player with us, Armstrong a great example but wrong on Townsend as noted above.

The Townsend signing makes complete sense to me, they are losing Keary a year earlier than planned and want a veteran to help Walker and S Smith come along. They approached Shaun Johnson for the role but he knocked it back. The rumoured price of $300k is completely acceptable IMO and it is a one year deal only. Robbo did an interview last night on the radio saying Walker and S Smith would be the starters.

Tiger5150

Bench
You are right but also wrong

Right on the fact that managers are taking the piss and linking every single player with us, Armstrong a great example but wrong on Townsend as noted above.

The Townsend signing makes complete sense to me, they are losing Keary a year earlier than planned and want a veteran to help Walker and S Smith come along. They approached Shaun Johnson for the role but he knocked it back. The rumoured price of $300k is completely acceptable IMO and it is a one year deal only. Robbo did an interview last night on the radio saying Walker and S Smith would be the starters.
Interesting, especially with the apparent acceptance to play reggies for large chunks of the season. This is exactly what I would hope Sezer would do for the Tigers next year.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Whoever was advising Lomax should be sacked.. 850k to be a winger.. thankyou I'll take that.. and he carrys on and goes elsewhere for 650k.. good chance he'll be a 650k winger instead of a 850k winger.
Think he wanted freedom to supplement his nrl pay packet with some boxing cash... and Dragons said FU to paying his salary and him placing himself at risk.

Latest posts