What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Anyone know how much Hetho is on? I reckon he is providing plenty of value off the bench but hope he is close to minimum contract that 400k or something like that.
Both he and Elliot take up about 500K each - 1 million in the cap . To put that into perspective it was reported that Friz signed for 600K ( first contract) and offered Dom Young 500K

I reckon they are not value for the coin. They represent what we are- a mid to bottom 8 level team fighting for a place in the top 8.

For 1 mill I'd rather sign a marque and give the other spot to a kid coming through.

Old dog

Bench
Raises an interesting question for all you stats fans.
who has played the most games of first grade without winning a Premiership or minor premiership.
Asking the question but not a clue with answer.

perverse

Referee
Raises an interesting question for all you stats fans.
who has played the most games of first grade without winning a Premiership or minor premiership.
Asking the question but not a clue with answer.
Hindy would have to be up there with 330.... although maybe they had a minor in there somewhere i can't remember.

edit - nevermind Hindy actually played in their '01 team. Jeez he's an old bastard. lol. 330 games and no premiership though. Closest I can go off the top of my head.

Hindy would have to be up there with 330.... although maybe they had a minor in there somewhere i can't remember.

edit - nevermind Hindy actually played in their '01 team. Jeez he's an old bastard. lol. 330 games and no premiership though. Closest I can go off the top of my head.
I think he won the minor premiership with Parra in 2005 as well

perverse

Referee
Can we count Adam Blair? Seeing as he had all premierships he won with the Storm stripped lol
Yep, counts assuming he didn't get a minor/major premiership outside of that cheating window. You can't take away the feeling they enjoyed on the day, but you can certainly take it away statistically.

Knight Tales

Bench
Do we need to get some more veterans into this club? We have plenty of inexperienced players with potential and talent but are they truly going to push us forward without the right framework around them? I would not mind an older prop with some go in them who can motivate the younger front rowers. The Safs are clearly not comfortable to be alphas so if we are going to at least extract some sort of value from them they need someone to drag them when they do not want to be dragged.

Do we need to get some more veterans into this club? We have plenty of inexperienced players with potential and talent but are they truly going to push us forward without the right framework around them? I would not mind an older prop with some go in them who can motivate the younger front rowers. The Safs are clearly not comfortable to be alphas so if we are going to at least extract some sort of value from them they need someone to drag them when they do not want to be dragged.
Leadership is the glaring issue.

Gags and Friz are experienced but dont come across as big talkers, I cannot imagine either of them ripping Saf a new one.

The successful teams have about 4 to 6 players that could easily be the Captain. It's debatable if we have 1.

Either starters or depth some are worth keeping and some need to be let go.

Value Players ( keepers) playing to or exceeding pay grade offering value for the cap.
Ponga
Leo
Friz
Gags
Lucas
Hastings
Tuala
Marz
Gamble
Crossland
Croker

Cap Wasters ( let go ) players playing below pay grade and not value for cap money * ( in Brailey's case constantly injured )
DSaf
JSaf
Brailey
Elliot
Hetherington
Jones

No surprise that the losers, the cap parasites, are all in the pack.

Woody90

Juniors
Either starters or depth some are worth keeping and some need to be let go.

Value Players ( keepers) playing to or exceeding pay grade offering value for the cap.
Ponga
Leo
Friz
Gags
Lucas
Hastings
Tuala
Marz
Gamble
Crossland
Croker

Cap Wasters ( let go ) players playing below pay grade and not value for cap money * ( in Brailey's case constantly injured )
DSaf
JSaf
Brailey
Elliot
Hetherington
Jones

No surprise that the losers, the cap parasites, are all in the pack.

Did you mix up Brailey and Crossland?

Did you mix up Brailey and Crossland?
value for money - no I didnt mix them up.

Crossland is on a pie and coke - a excellent squad member/back-up , offers great value for money, busts his guts every week, young, fit and will only improve.

*Brailey is on good coin and is hardly ever on the field, not a particularly great dummy half at the best of times, offers no threat with the ball, zero running game - the very definition of a cap killer.

* with arguably the best player in the game in Ponga we need to give him the tools to win a Premiership - this starts with the ball distributor, and a spine that offers variety and a threat in attack.