What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
FFS, how many teams in the comp would pass up their current hooker for Farah?

I'd suggest the following are more than happy with what they have - Warriors, Mlb, Raiders, Saints, Bris, Cows, Sharks, Dogs, Eels, Panthers, Souths and East (who has a sly shot at the stumps). They don't need Farah.

That leaves Newy, Manly and the Titans. Who the f**k knows what the Titans need. They f**king don't.

Now, that leaves 2 clubs. Manly are surely feeling the pinch of the cap if they are after Walker.

If it ain't us, Tigers or Manly then it's ESL.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
All this talk about Farah "bringing through" Levi seems like absolute nonsense to me. Levi is currently being coached by one of the greatest hookers of the modern era in Buderus, and his head coach himself was a very handy hooker in his time. Levi would never spend time on the field with Farah, so the only "help" Farah could give Levi that I can see would be in the same capacity that Buderus and Brown can help him - at training.

Randell can fill the gaps until Levi is ready to do big minutes as far as I can see. Farah is surplus to requirements as a mentor. Do we even want Levi to play in a similar way to Farah? Not really, the ultimate mentor for Levi would be Issac Luke for mine. I don't think we need another halfback at hooker.

I just can't even see Farah happening at all now that Potter is here. Seems like a lot of wasted breath.

I love Bedsy but we should know by now that just because a player was a legend, it doesn't mean they can just teach their skills to a new generation of player.

Levi has the potential to be a great hooker for us in the future, but as of right now the best hooker we could hope to have would be Farah. Even at his age he'd be the most talented bloke in our lineup.

I'd prefer us go after a bloke that's proven rather than put too much faith/pressure on a kid we hope will get there. We've been burned there too many times before and that strategy seems to be harming these kids much more than helping them.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'm really annoyed that we didn't get Matt Ballin when he was available (or at least there didn't seem to be any attempt at getting him) he's a really solid hooker who wouldn't command big money and wouldn't come with all the baggage of Farah.

Given the NRL looks like they're going to make a club pay big money to get Farah I don't see us getting him, I only would have been alright with it if it was on the cheap anyway.

Looks like we'll have to make do with Randall and Levi next year and maybe look to pick up a mid-season bargain signing if anyone becomes available.

The fact that we're a wooden spoon team doesn't help us attract players and that is the really big issue, our depth looks really thin next year, if Mullen or Hodko are injured for any length of time we're just about screwed.

Yosh

Coach
If there is any chance of getting Farah or Hayne, I think tjhe club has to make it happen. Many clubs have been proving that you don't need stars out on the flanks but bring in solid youngsters through the system and they'll do just fine. The spine and up front is where the money and focus should be at.

Swarzey

Bench
Nada.

Won't get either. I doubt we'll sign any big or even middle of the pack name over the off season. Still believe we've got more left in the cap than we're being told; probably expect us to make a big play for a top talent next season. I would really, really like to see us make a surprise signing out of the blue over the next few months but I doubt that.

Burwood

Bench
Looks like we've just signed Junior Sau's younger brother, Tommy. Another center, although at 17 he is quite a few years away from first grade yet. Wonder if he's got a pass on him?

Spot On

Coach
He definitely had a major downturn in form last season but previous to that he was ripping it up. I would have paid good dollars for him before last season.