What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Burwood

Bench
Didn't we find out a while ago that some idiot had put Randall on an extremely high contract for his experience/skill level? I thought that's why he was asked to move on? I remember a figure like 300-350k being reported.

That contract runs out after this year. If he can get that sort of coin else where, good luck to him. But if he was our reserve grade hooker, and we did sign either Lichaa or Rein, you'd expect Randell to be on a second-tier contract or minimum wage at best.

Burwood

Bench
Randell is a good fill in but not what I would call a long term first grade hooker if injury occurs to Levi

That's what Lichaa or Rein would be for. Pretty much Randell would have the exact same role as he had this year- spending 90% of the season in reserves and filling gaps in first grade when needed. The only difference would likely be his lower contract value

Noname36

First Grade
That contract runs out after this year. If he can get that sort of coin else where, good luck to him. But if he was our reserve grade hooker, and we did sign either Lichaa or Rein, you'd expect Randell to be on a second-tier contract or minimum wage at best.

Thing is realistically Randall would have to take a 100k+ drop in pay for his next contract to be any kind of good value. He's obviously not going to get another 300k+ contract in the NRL but he would in England. I'm not sure what his family situation is like. If he needed to stay in the area I'd be happy to offer him a cheap contract but he needs to go if he wants anything even close to what he's on now.

Burwood

Bench
Thing is realistically Randall would have to take a 100k+ drop in pay for his next contract to be any kind of good value. He's obviously not going to get another 300k+ contract in the NRL but he would in England.

The Super League salary cap is roughly $3 million and I can't see a club putting 10% of their cap towards a player of his calibre. If he goes to England it will be for more first grade game time and to experience Europe.

Noname36

First Grade
The Super League salary cap is roughly $3 million and I can't see a club putting 10% of their cap towards a player of his calibre. If he goes to England it will be for more first grade game time and to experience Europe.

Ah I see. I wasn't aware of their salary cap. He's stuffed either way then (although surely he's put a lot away knowing nobody in their right mind would give him anything close to that ever again - it was a simply mind blowing decision even for Hagan).

Burwood

Bench
That's what Lichaa or Rein would be for. Pretty much Randell would have the exact same role as he had this year- spending 90% of the season in reserves and filling gaps in first grade when needed. The only difference would likely be his lower contract value

Nah the role will be a permanent bench spot.

Randell's role will be on the bench in first grade?

Nah the new hooker

Rein or lichaa

Now I'm completely confused lol. My original comment about Randell was about him being good backup to have in reserves, which would effectively make him our third string hooker (after Levi and Rein/Lichaa).

If Levi did pick up a long term injury then obviously Rein/Lichaa would start and Brown would have two options- either promote Randell onto the bench, or sticking with a versatile forward like Buhrer or Yates to cover.

Noname36

First Grade
To be honest I think we need to sign one of them incase Levi gets injured. Buhrer has been doing a great job subbing for 20 mins but he's a backrower.

It's their cost that worries me though. None of Rein, Licha or Randall are worth anything close to their reported 300k for 20mins or injury cover.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Now I'm completely confused lol. My original comment about Randell was about him being good backup to have in reserves, which would effectively make him our third string hooker (after Levi and Rein/Lichaa).

If Levi did pick up a long term injury then obviously Rein/Lichaa would start and Brown would have two options- either promote Randell onto the bench, or sticking with a versatile forward like Buhrer or Yates to cover.

I thought you were saying that lichaa or rein would have a similar role to Randell.

Haffa

To be honest I think we need to sign one of them incase Levi gets injured. Buhrer has been doing a great job subbing for 20 mins but he's a backrower.

It's their cost that worries me though. None of Rein, Licha or Randall are worth anything close to their reported 300k for 20mins or injury cover.
Depends on the Cap I suppose if 150k is the minimum wage than they'll be worth it.