What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
Good luck to Shibs but I found this most interesting;
While the Knights salary cap position will get a significant boost for next season following Shibasaki's departure, the move has been in the pipeline for some time and it's believed a chunk of his money may have already been spent elsewhere.
How much was he on, and where have we used his cap money considering most of our re-signings were reductions with exception of Saifiti bros?

Loose Cannon

Bench
Good luck to Shibs but I found this most interesting;

How much was he on, and where have we used his cap money considering most of our re-signings were reductions with exception of Saifiti bros?
His player option was probably written so that he could name his price. 😂

Seriously though, would have to rank amongst the most Hagan-esque signings in club history regardless of price, and apparently all on AOB.

What did he see in this guy?

Jono078

Referee
His player option was probably written so that he could name his price. 😂

Seriously though, would have to rank amongst the most Hagan-esque signings in club history regardless of price, and apparently all on AOB.

What did he see in this guy?
To be fair I was excited about this signing too. Was a solid young prospect but he just never kicked on, as many talented juniors don't.

Loose Cannon

Bench
To be fair I was excited about this signing too. Was a solid young prospect but he just never kicked on, as many talented juniors don't.
Fair enough. I must confess, I had no reference prior to his signing. My Broncos Night Football consists of repeated 3 to 5 man shouts, the accompanying intelligent chatter, and minimal volume on the commentary. Purely critiquing his efforts here.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The guy definitely has all the physical attributes to succeed at this level but it seems like his handling and concentration is what let him down. There are plenty of talented juniors out there and most of them won’t have much of a first grade career.

So is he or is he not a “maybe first grader”
If Fitz is playing first grade week in week out we are not in contention for top spot, he is a good injury replacement but not a regular.
if not please explain
Well I thought it would be easy enough to understand but ok.. He might play first grade but it's still a stretch to call him a first grade second rower.. Just like it's a stretch to call Kurt Mann a first grade centre

Old dog

Juniors
Well I thought it would be easy enough to understand but ok.. He might play first grade but it's still a stretch to call him a first grade second rower.. Just like it's a stretch to call Kurt Mann a first grade centre
Let me split a hair with you the words used were MAYBE first grader,easy enough to understand, if we remain at current strength he is a likely first grader if we get stronger with other signings he might not be a first grader hence the word MAYBE.
I like Fitz but don’t think he will be top notch.
By the way currently Mann is a FIRST GRADE CENTRE by mere fact that we don’t have a good enough squad to make him a reserve grader, that will hopefully change next season. But like Fitz and others in our squad he is currently a maybe first grader.
Until we upgrade our squad that is what we have

aqua_duck

Coach
Think we are all being hard on Fitz basically because of his Dads connection.
Ok he is a maybe first grade second rower who has come through the grades, he plays to his ability but is not a super player like say Frizell.
We loved him when playing left side and running onto Ponga passes and scoring tries.
Not a worse player now, yes had injuries 2021, but we want better for this side than a maybe first grader. We don’t have to knock his ability or Dad connection but enhance the fact that if he plays reserves we have a strong firsts.
I hope he plays strong and hard for the two years and makes the likes of Frizell, Barnett and Jones earn there spot
To be fair to Fitz I think what doesn't help him is the game plan which requires the playmakers to hit the left edge backrower on each and every occasion, it means the defence knows it's coming and there usually running into multiple defenders, also the new rules just don't suit backrowers who only run that one crash line, we've seen alot of those guys become alot less effective and in some cases being moved to the middle. A few years ago guys like Cordner, Tohu Harris, Shaun Lane, Josh Jackson, Felise Kaufusi, and to a lesser extent Fitz were the norm at edge back row but now those guys just aren't that effective on the edge anymore compared to the new wave of edge backrowers who have footwork, mobility, and can play before the line like Crichton, Kikau, Capewell, Josh Curran, Schuster, Olakau'atu, Koloamatangi, etc

Knight Tales

Juniors
Tariq Sims has been told he can leave St George. Yes or no?

Attachments

• 181B23E4-ED78-400E-B84F-7EB19DFCBD9C.png
    181B23E4-ED78-400E-B84F-7EB19DFCBD9C.png
    278 KB · Views: 5

Jono078

Referee
Why are they getting rid of him? He’s been one of their best this year.

he’s had a good year but in general I like to be looking to the future rather than the past.

Latest posts