What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Was just saying that’s my absolute ceiling. Some club will offer him that much to land him and hope to get the best out of him.

And to answer AOD comment about him not fitting here and fixing our issues, I’m not sure any one player will. That’s on AOB, or our next coach.
Sure, we have some team wide problems but im talking about specific personnel ones that player recruitment can effect. An expensive backrower who yes, can be a game breaker but is way too expencive and is low on output. Just dont see him as the right fit above a guy like Crighton or Matterson

Jono078

Referee
Sure, we have some team wide problems but im talking about specific personnel ones that player recruitment can effect. An expensive backrower who yes, can be a game breaker but is way too expencive and is low on output. Just dont see him as the right fit above a guy like Crighton or Matterson
Crichton is my pick. Not sure I take Matterson over Fifita though - even if there’s 200k or so difference.

Yosh

Coach
We have a cultural issue at the club. No matter how badly you play, you won't get dropped nor will the local fans hate you. We need players who are professional enough to keep their own standards high. Players like Klemmer and Friz are like that.

Fifita doesn't seem like the type that would do well here. Crichton does fit the bill. Screw talent, screw flair, let's improve our professionalism across the board.

In relation to halves, it's Hastings. It has to be. Don't take another gamble on a young half or journeyman cheapie. Hastings is seasoned, a winner and a professional leader. He could be what Reynolds is for the Broncos for us. Clifford and Ponga need someone to take the heat off them so they can play their natural game. Hastings, I believe, is the man. Plus, ain't he English?

Jono078

Referee
Hastings is an Aussie.

Is he even available Yosh? After watching him at the Tigers, I would be excited to get him here.

Old dog

Juniors
Clune is probably one of the better reserve grade 7’s going around so we need someone better than him for firsts.
Dont want someone that isn’t proven and reliable if that be Hastings well and good but availability is a concern. We have no one knocking on the door from lower grades so will be a few years before a local even if good enough is right to go. NRL seems short of quality halves and competing with the likes of Dolphins is only making it harder.
we missed opportunities before this season commenced.

Yosh

Coach
Hastings is an Aussie.

Is he even available Yosh? After watching him at the Tigers, I would be excited to get him here.

Ah.. I thought he was a Pom. His contract ends in 2023. I think he should be our main target. No real halves on the market. Hunt also ends in 2023 but he is much older than Hastings. Big fan of Hunt alsom

ryan.a87

Juniors
Don't we have a roster spot and 700k in the bank at the moment? Isn't it destiny? Could our incompetence actually work in our favor?
He is leaving broncos because a million a year is not enough

I like the theory about rooster needing to offload keary to sign him

Yosh

Coach
Haas current contract:
2022: $750,000
2023: $850,000
2024: $950,000
Kia sponsored car: $25k

Extension offered by the Broncos:
2025: $1,050,000
2026: $1,050,000
2027: $1,050,000

Broncos did him wrong by not offering him a Kia from 2025 onwards.

Alright... He can have my Kia when he signs with us.

Yosh

Coach
He is leaving broncos because a million a year is not enough

I like the theory about rooster needing to offload keary to sign him
Keary is a great player but he is more a six than a seven. We need a seven so I'd be willing to miss out of Keary for a proper seven.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
I dont see a club like the Roosters paying any forward 1+ million dollars a season. Valuable cap space for a superstar spine player.