What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
Through 19 games he has 0 tries and 1 linebreak - that's pretty grim for a starting second-rower regardless of how you spin it. Less than an offload a game too which was his biggest strength in England, early on I think he was looking for them and no one was following but he seems to have just tucked it away now.

He's already very safe in defence but there'll need to be a dramatic improvement in attack for him to be even close to worth his salary next season IMO.

Old dog

Bench
Think it’s the Coach being true to Frizell on right so KPP is left with Lucas filling in when needed.
Hopefully 2025 will see Frizell playing more middle and KPP on right with Lucas left permanently.
Frizell always plays well and strong, his chase game especially, Sharpes try, kick from KP, his kick and chase to score and Frizell was close by. Might lose a bit with one but gain a bit with the other

Yosh

Coach
KPP is a right sided player. Not left. Pretty shit coaching to put him there his first year and expect miracles. . Especially when Friz plays more middle now.
Can see this evidently when he plays. He wants to get his right arm free and fend with this left.... He isn't a hole runner type second rower either.... We play him short balls way too often. Can't wait till we play him on the right.

perverse

Referee
I really like KPP but whoever had him on over 700k in 2025 is nuts. Are we sure Michael Hagan wasn't involved?
Huge gamble.

FWIW I think he has exceeded expectations in some ways and fallen short in others. I think we expected a bit of a dynamic and exciting offloader that couldn't really handle the pace and fatigue of a full season of NRL, and would struggle with the basics. What we got has essentially been the opposite, he's handled the year well but all the flair is gone.

His defence and toughness have impressed me the most. I didn't see that coming. Still got hope in him.

PhilGould

Bench
I think the Tigers game was the best he's looked in a while. Was using his footwork back on the inside instead of just being a battering ram off short balls. It didn't amount to anything but looked dangerous a few times.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I think this year was all about getting him used to the weekly grind that is the NRL, and he has succeeded with that. He looks fit and up to the task in that regard. He’s played with plenty of toughness.

I will be alarmed if we’re not seeing an extra dimension to his game by mid-way through next year though.

perverse

Referee
I think this year was all about getting him used to the weekly grind that is the NRL, and he has succeeded with that. He looks fit and up to the task in that regard. He’s played with plenty of toughness.

I will be alarmed if we’re not seeing an extra dimension to his game by mid-way through next year though.
Agreed. Yes he needs to add to his game, but I'm far from willing to say it's beyond him at this point.

Apey

Staff member
I really like KPP but whoever had him on over 700k in 2025 is nuts. Are we sure Michael Hagan wasn't involved?
Yeah these are my thoughts. It's second tier backrower money, right after your absolute gamebreakers.

I'd still much rather have KPP on 700k+ than Hastings, Saifiti etc on their salaries but it's no wonder our cap is rooted.

Here's hoping 2025 is a breakout year.

Knight Tales

Bench
So will Peter O be valuing the contracts going forward? As in what we think a player is worth as opposed to their managers.
I doubt they will be so cocky about getting overs when the guru is sitting in the room. He may actually knock some egos back into place.

100% almost beggars belief.

With a wealth of juniors to develop and bring through to NRL, instead they go and pay overs and totally f**k the cap......again and again and again , they just dont learn do they

Yosh

Coach
100% almost beggars belief.

With a wealth of juniors to develop and bring through to NRL, instead they go and pay overs and totally f**k the cap......again and again and again , they just dont learn do they
KPP is a Super League winner right? How did we screw our cap? 700k to bring in a potential superstar doesn't screw our cap at all.

PhilGould

Bench
It does if the potential superstar doesn't become an actual superstar.

The talk is he's on ~$800k next year which would put him among the top paid second-rowers in the game, and if you're ranking him among the starting second-rowers this year he'd be closer to the bottom of the list than the top.

KPP is a Super League winner right? How did we screw our cap? 700k to bring in a potential superstar doesn't screw our cap at all.
besides the fact teams win Premierships not individual players , reports he's on around 800K next season is crazy money for an unproven NRL player in the second row.

A gross misallocation of cap when you consider our spine.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
besides the fact teams win Premierships not individual players , reports he's on around 800K next season is crazy money for an unproven NRL player in the second row.

A gross misallocation of cap when you consider our spine.

Can someone tell the media that individual players don’t win premierships? They might have to change their narrative around Jack Cogger then lol.